PDA

View Full Version : Hello Lateral-g.net

nasttee
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Hello all,

My name is Wayne and I am a custom builder like yourselves; however, unlike your world, my world is a bit smaller....1/18th scale to be exact. I build custom diecast cars to order.

I would like to show you some of my 1 of creations and get your expertise opinions on them. I try to make my cars as exact in detail as possible. I figured you guys would be the best guys to critique them. I appreciate honesty. I have also built proto-types for car builders.

Over the next few days, I will show you some examples of my work. I will post a few threads showing details and would appreciate your comments.

To give you an example, here is a few pictures of a pro-touring Challenger I built.

camcojb
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
welcome Wayne. Looks very cool. Who's model cars do you use as a start for a build?

Jody

monza
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice, looking good! if you really want me to critique it... the fit on the hood and front quarter and the door fit with front quarter are a bit loose. I feel bad saying that but you asked.

black2002ls
11-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Looking good. I build plastic models, some of my stuff is posted here. Post up some more of your work!

Autokraft
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Welcome Wayne:D

city_ofthe_south
11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Looks kinda like a Maisto body maybe? I have their diecast Challenger. Looks good to me.

mlomaka
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the forum! First, let me say the Challenger looks great & I can't wait to see more. The only real things I could nit-pick about, besides the fitment issues, would just be some small details. It is my biggest problem with the bigger scales. Being bigger, it should be easier to add smaller details, but then it drags on too long. First I would look at detail painting on things like the hood scoop openings and the front of the radiator (and core support). Then some wiring issues, like battery cables (Good job on the spark plug lines and the brake lines by the way.). Then it is just where do you stop? Valve stems on the wheels??? I can post a link to some photos of a big scale Super Seven that looks like it could be real. Don't get me wrong, I do think it looks great and can't wait to see more of your work.:thumbsup:

nasttee
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you for the comment also. Unfortunately we don't have as many parts offered in 1/18th scale as there is in 1/25th scale. In most cases, I have to make my own. I must agree with the door fit issue; however the model is one of the early Ertl molds :(

I will post some more.... The next car that I post will be made from a Hwy #61 car. It is not a pro-touring, but I did detail it alot more than the Ertl. Hope you like pro-stocks. (I won't post any more pro-stock on this site, unless requested. I just wanted you to see that they can be detailed.)

Wayne

mlomaka
11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Wow, incredible Barracuda! I for one would love to see more of those. Finding parts in that scale is hard. It looks like you have gotten comfortable with working with metal. Great work!:thumbsup:

Young Gun
11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
looks cool...how much does something like that run if you dont mind me asking:thumbsup: