PDA

View Full Version : 72 Charger

DVierstra
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Here's an illustration of a '72 Charger. Had a mental block when it came figuring out a paint scheme for this one. Anyone think the colors work?

I tried Yellow & Black, Blue & Black, Red & Black, Orange and Black. All seemed to be too loud. Thanks for your input.

DV

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/softball_pictures/72Charger-2.jpg

bucks69
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Awesome D! Your stuff really looking good man. You fit in here like a rock in a gravel pile for sure.

DVierstra
11-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks Buck69. I appreciate that. Always doing my best to improve!

DV

mlomaka
11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I have always liked those 71 side marker lights. I like how you tied the black on the hood with the black following the small vinyl top line. Nice stripe. Too bad I already got rid of mine.

city_ofthe_south
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
did you try the color you used for the numbers 1972 above the car in your pic? I like that color and it might be a little light but what if you had really dark charcol hood and side stripe? or a dark blue hood and stripe? But that's only a suggestion because i think this works too. My thing is that 3 colors is too many on a car, especially a muscle car, but that's just me and I doubt that thought makes up the majority of opinions. Anyway, you're like a crazy custom stripe master. My only crit would be that the rear wheel looks real flat and the whole wheel/tire seem to be at an ever so slight, but funky angle.

DVierstra
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Colter,

Appreciate the comments. I already had caught the wheel issue...but good catch. Thanks.

As far as colors or graphics....personal choice. I think just two colors can be
too confined and in certain cases, boring. Sometimes it takes a third color to break things up. I don't see black and gray/silver as two separate colors...just different tones and a third color to compliment them or separate tones. But... that's why we have our own opinions. :thumbsup:

DV

city_ofthe_south
11-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Colter,

Appreciate the comments. I already had caught the wheel issue...but good catch. Thanks.

As far as colors or graphics....personal choice. I think just two colors can be
too confined and in certain cases, boring. Sometimes it takes a third color to break things up. I don't see black and gray/silver as two separate colors...just different tones and a third color to compliment them or separate tones. But... that's why we have our own opinions. :thumbsup:

DV

I agree actually, especially when it comes to stripes or the hood - grays and black really don't count as colors, but I was really just talking about if you used the blue. While blue and yellow may be close to complimentary colors, as you said before, it might get a little too loud. And also the similarity in hue of yellow and a light blue might make it even harder to look at so that's why I was thinking the dark gray stripes and hood with the blue. But I really like harsh contrast and I'm also a fan of monochromatic color schemes, hence the blue on blue.