PDA

View Full Version : 1969 RS camaro 454/T56

Mike Hall
06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
1969 Camaro RS.

Engine: 454 Edlebrock 4bl carb
Trans: T56 6sp installed with Weir hot rod kit.New Centerforce Clutch, Billet flywheel, hydrolic clutch
Rear: 12bolt posi with 4:10 gears
Exhaust: Hooker Super comp. Ceramic headers running through full toruqe tech 3" exhaust. 3" flowmaster mufflers
Body and Paint: The car is just awesome looking. The paint is around 5 years old but the car has been stored inside at all times. The car needs nothing as far as paint and body. You must come see it to understand. I will try to get the car on a lift to show the underside which is just as nice as the top side. The car is brand new inside and out.
Interior: The interior is super nice. This was a show car before I got it so there is no radio, AC or anything on the dash. I had planned to install a Vintage air AC/heater. The gauges are not setup the way i would like But I was planning on getting one of those new gauge pannels. The gauges are nice autometer phantoms or Ultralites though. I will get more pics later tonight.

I will be including a complete Holly fuel injection system for a BBC that I have not installed. This is not the cheap system with the injection in the Throttle body. I will get more info on this as well and post here.

$28500.00 or trade for project plus cash.

Thanks
Mike
229-400-3993 Cell
229-294-0090 home
[email protected]

GEORGE SANCHEZ
06-11-2005, 02:48 PM
i know they are tt2 but just wonderin the sizes you are running looks good thank you.
:thumbsup:

Mike Hall
06-11-2005, 05:59 PM
George, You know im not real sure on the rim or tire sizes. I know there 17" but Im not sure what width they are. I can go over to the shop and see later on though.

Here are a few more pictures of the interior and under the hood. The whole car needs to be cleaned and polished which you can see from the pictures. Oh yeah, I have not got a shifter handle nor boot for the console yet if your wondering.

Mike

Mike Hall
06-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Here are a few more pics of the trunk and the data tag.

Mike

69camaro638
06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Any interests in a 68 RS/SS (350/4sp) plus cash. I'm in Canton, GA.

Mike Hall
06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
My dad had a 68 back when he was young so that would be cool to have a 68. The sad thing is he bought it for $350 and then sold it a few years later for $200 and it was a good running and driving car. Boy times have changed. LOL

Send me details on what you have in mind. I had in mind trading towards a project in the area of $10K or so but I may go over that depending on the car.

Thanks
Mike

69camaro638
06-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Mike,

I'm new to this board. I came over here while pro-touring.com was down over the weekend. I have an over the top 69 Camaro that is almost finished, to see the specs go to the site and look up my name (69camaro638) in the vBGarage.

I just picked up this 68 last week in Birmingham, AL with the intent of doing a mild PT style driver. The framerails, floorpans (does need a trans tunnel patch panel from shift hole hacks) and body are straight and free from damage. The headlights work but are missing the parts to operate the doors (which I have all new parts ready to install). It has standard front and rear interior panels that are incorrectly covered which need to be replaced from Classic Industries w/new. My plan was to clean and chassis black the underside and suspension, put in a TKO 600 trans, convert to power brakes (it has manual front disk / rear drum), install a 12 bolt w/DSE 3" drop leafs, upgrade the shocks, 2" drop coils in front, and do the Guldstrand mod w/Delalum bushings. Then down the road maybe add Vintage air.

The car has a great 350 with a Demon carb and a saginaw 4 speed. The owner wasn't sure about the rear gears but w/25.5" tires it cruised 60 mph (which meant it took a while to drive it home at that speed) at about 3000 rpm which makes me think its a 3.73

I had some questions about your car. Is the suspension stock or if changed, what has been changed. What type of rear is in it, Eaton, Detroit Locker or ? What is the compression ratio of the motor, will it run on pump gas? What is the braking system? Does the motor produce adequate vacuum?

I would not be interested the the FI system because my 69 has a 638 w/FAST fuel injection and for my 2nd Camaro I just want a carburetor. I would be willing to pay for the difference between the vehicles to do a trade, but it really would require both of us to do a closer inspection of both vehicles in order to agree upon a number.

Thanks,
Marty

Mike Hall
06-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Marty, Shot me your Phone # and we can talk more. I would guess your up around atlanta which is 3.5 hours north of me. If you want to come down and take a look at my car sometime thats fine. Anyhow my # is 229-400-3993.

Mike

69camaro638
06-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Mike,

I guess we lost the signal but it was nice talking with you. I'll send you some more pics. My cell is 678-637-8552

Thanks
Marty

XcYZ
06-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Nice 69, Mike. :thumbsup:

Mike Hall
06-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Marty, my phone died and I have no idea how much you did not hear. Did you hear the part where I said that if you come on down this week you can get the car for $10K? LOL Just kidding.

Oh yeah, Pick your phone up. LOL I have been trying to call for a while now.

Mike

Mike Hall
06-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Car has been sold back to the PO. LOL I guess he knew what he was doing. He got a T56 and all new exhaust installed free of labor charges. LOL

Mike