PDA

View Full Version : Nova/Camaro Jig

jaronson
10-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I was wondering if anybody in the Southern California area has a jig built that will work with a 70 Nova. I would be interested in renting something like this if possible. The car has been stripped completely down to the body and I am waiting to take it to the sandblaster, but I am guessing I need to get it mobile first.

I would like to avoid buying expensive casters and weld together a jig for such little use. I already have the new subframe and suspension to make it a roller as soon as the body comes back.

Any help or other ideas would be appreciated.

68protouring454
10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
is the top only being blasted? if so just make a bar to go between the front firewall body mounts and two rubber casters, heres an example
http://picasaweb.google.com/JakeParrott/VinnyAllegrettaS68AirRideCamaro/photo#5097282760943421474

jaronson
10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
The whole thing is getting blasted (top, bottom, inside and out, but it will be put on a rotisserie for the blasting, I am just trying to find a way to get it there. What I am hoping is that they have a forklift to pull it off my trailer, but if they don't I want to be prepared to move it myself.

Where could I find inflatable casters like that? Are they expensive?
I have pulled the rear end as well so I will have to build a jig for the rear as well.

Thanks for the help

CRCRFT78
10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
I hate to give out my secrets but check this out. My buddy and I use a Home Depot cart to rest the body on. Just remove the center caster wheels and you've got a nice mobile cart. I'll leave it up to your imagination how we got the cart but it works and it was "CHEAP".:thumbsup:

jaronson
10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
That is a great idea, I never thought about how hand Home Depot can be.
Will one cart be able to hold the weight of the body?

Thanks for the idea, should work well.

CRCRFT78
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
If its just a shell with everything removed it should be fine. We've used them for truck cabs, beds, car bodies and have yet to have any problems with one. "FREE 99" isn't bad price either.:unibrow:

Young Gun
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
i need to get ahold of one of those home depot carts...exactly what I am looking for

street3285
02-19-2008, 01:21 AM
I think I know where you can get one...

highboost
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe if you emailed DSE they could give you the dimensions of the carts they have then buid one yourself. I've considered this myself but never have ever got around to it. Good luck