PDA

View Full Version : Comparable to Chip Foose but w/ MS Paint

YoungGun69SS
09-27-2007, 01:08 AM
I dont know if this has been posted here before but I dont know if I would've believed it if I hadn't seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhReaZk&mode=related&search=

here is one of a 69 Camaro... not as impressive but a more our style :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDI2PfZacE

bucks69
09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
that guy is awesome. real talented. I wonder how long it actually took?

Bowtieracing
09-27-2007, 07:15 AM
I dont know if this has been posted here before but I dont know if I would've believed it if I hadn't seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhReaZk&mode=related&search=

here is one of a 69 Camaro... not as impressive but a more our style :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDI2PfZacE

Why,why that f@c@ing noise on both videos..

city_ofthe_south
09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
i'm thinkin Foose would be insulted.

RedRyder
09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Makes me want to sit down with MSPaint for a week. Cool stuff.

will69camaro
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
i'm thinkin Foose would be insulted.

I seriously doubt he'd be insulted. You can't watch that video and believe that guy isn't talented. I just got done watching the 69 camaro one and wow....Amazing work!

William

CarterHickmanDesigns
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
That goes to show that it is the TALENT not the TOOL. Incredible work can be created with sand by talent.

Carter

Hdesign
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Don't know that it's comparable to Foose but it looks like he has a good grasp of the software and has some good visualization skills. Judging by the number of steps, actions and movement through the work, it's probably safe to say that it took him about a day or more to do that. If he invested in Photoshop, it would probably save him some time and create some higher resolution linework. Not bad, pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

DVierstra
09-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Ben,

I agree that Photoshop is a time saver! Judging by how long it took with time lapse...I would say approximately 14 to 18 hours. I can do it in 8 or 10 hours.
That is with years experience with the software! Always create your bodies in a separate layer from the chrome, window, lights etc. This way you can adjust or even change the color quickly!

Foose is great at what he does. Have seen his signed work in a friends upholstery shop. He is great with markers. I think he's cool and a down to earth genuine guy. Worked with him on a small project last year in Huntington Beach.

I am working on a pilot that will include doing customized versions of random people's cars. My segment is "Vierstra's View." Cannot leak the name out just yet until I know more. Keep you all posted.

mlomaka
09-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I first saw his work early this year. Somewhere, either on his Porsche or Lambo one, I thought it said that it took him 15 hours.

ZVT
09-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Thats pretty good.If any one has worked in paint before you know how tough that limited taht software is.Photshop would definetly have been easier but i'm guessing it was done to prove a point.

I just did one in photshop similar angle and it did take me a good 6-8hrs to get 90% complete.

I am working on a pilot that will include doing customized versions of random people's cars

I'd watch that as long as they dont give the cars away to rich SOB's who dont deserve it.:D

DVierstra
09-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd watch that as long as they dont give the cars away to rich SOB's who dont deserve it.:D

I agree!

Basically would have two guys rate an owner's car (good cop/bad cop). One guy would rip it a part (verbally) and the other guy would actually appraise it. Also show a car owner what the possibilities are (finished custom illustration) and how much it was worth when it is all said & done.

A friend of mine came up with the same Idea (Overhaulin') in 2003 and pitched the show to Jay Leno. A month later Overhaulin' was on the air! We were really discouraged. It took us three years to come up with something else and a year to actually develop it.

We will not be building the car...just showing potential.
Cannot give away too much or someone else will run with it. :_paranoid

383Z
09-30-2007, 04:16 PM
That guy has awesome skills..I'm sure he has years on top of years of experience in art/ drawing...I'm also willing to bet that he's using a tablet..Personally theres no way I could use a mouse with that kind of precision

As far as the Pilot is concerned, it'd be nice if youcould do the work for people would would appreciate it rather than sell the thing a few months later like the kids on Pimp My Ride do

DVierstra
09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
That would be nice. Yes, I do use a mouse throughout the whole process...
I get cramps with a tablet. :D Check out the next posting...latest creation in Photoshop.....Camaro z/28 (http://www.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/original_71797_6rDalNLWPPY01Jv5Ozm8aZm0d.jpg)

This thing took about 14 hrs!

- DV

city_ofthe_south
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
i use a mouse for mine as well. for anything vector a tablet is pretty much as hard or equally as useless/useful as a mouse. for blending and painting, then yeah i use the tablet.

Hdesign
10-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Unless you're using some software like Alias Sketch or want to try doing some rough linework in PS it's sort of a waste of money. I do everything with the mouse that came with my machine... nothing fancy.