PDA

View Full Version : Replacing floor pans

SteveMcqueenRules
09-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Has anyone Replaced their GM A-body floor pans or any really that could give me some tips to make it go easier or a step by step. Or point out a good explanation on the steps to ensure a good replacement with all the trick of the trade.
Thanks

rubadub
09-24-2007, 01:36 AM
I have a few pages on my website about floor pans, might be something you can use.

Rob

almcbri
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
If your pans aren't completely rotted out, the best advice I can give you is to only cut out sections that are rusted/rotted. Cut the pieces from your new pans to fit the areas in the floors that you have trimmed out. (give yourself a 1-2" solid area of your original floor pans to weld the lip to. I always solid weld from the inside and outside, then grind, smooth with filler on the outside, and seam seal on the inside.

SteveMcqueenRules
09-26-2007, 05:07 PM
well despite reading everything i could on how to do it i ended up not knowing a whole lot about it and just cut out the floor so i could put in the new goodmark full pan instead of just the rusted parts I really wish i had done it like you suggest would have saved me a lot of time. but at least i only did one side so far and can do it the easier way on the driver side of the car.
man i checked out your website rubadub and there is a ton of great info! thanks. the detailed pics and info about the floor pans will be such a help to me. And it is all very clear with great pics and descriptions! I have been worrying about how to do this for a while. Never done a project like this and afraid of screwing up. but with your website I think i can do it. Thanks again!

bucks69
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Rubadub is KING of technical how-to guides!!!!!

rubadub
10-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Thanks guys:thumbsup: