PDA

View Full Version : Marking DSE Hinges

bigtyme1
09-22-2007, 06:21 PM
ok, I got the DSE hinges on the car to mock up the front end. What's the best way to mark them when I take them off to paint?

class67
09-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Ouch, good question...maybe the washers have left a small mark on the hinge after tightening for mock up? or maybe you can use some kind of ink marker on the back side of the washer that might leave a print on the hinge. I just put my billet hinges on last week and had to spend about an hour adjusting them...wasn't that bad!

race-rodz
09-23-2007, 03:26 AM
notepad, tape measure, lots of reference points.

stuff almost always needs a lil fine tuning after reassembly, so i would avoid any perm type marks on the hinges, fenders, or hood. too many moving parts to know for sure its all gonna line back up exactly the same. now a small non-obvious locating hole (1/16 ish) might be a good idea after its all 100% dialed in... just incase the hood ever needs removed again.

andrewmp6
09-23-2007, 05:22 AM
yes the smallest drill bit you have drill a hole in the hinge through the hood works great.

class67
09-23-2007, 11:26 AM
drilling a small hole is common practice and is what I did with a stock hinge also, but with a $600+ pair of hinges, I thought I might suggest something different that just might work.

bigtyme1
09-24-2007, 12:32 AM
drilling a small hole is common practice and is what I did with a stock hinge also, but with a $600+ pair of hinges, I thought I might suggest something different that just might work.

I agree, I won't be drilling any holes in these hinges.Taking mesurements from the closest point sounds like a good idea.