PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished PICS!!!!!!!!!!

69MyWay
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Shot these outside of my office today.

The pearl in this paint goes from an copper orange/red to deep red depending on the light condition.

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/Camaro.html

BC69
05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Nice Job, I really like the way you customized the dash. Do you have any close ups of the dash stuff? But overall it looks awesome...color is really nice.

Glad you have gotten to drive it some and enjoy it finally.

Tim

Red73
05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Great looking paint job. How do you chose which one to drive between this and the Vette? The vette when you cruise by yourself and the Camaro is for when it's a family event? Rod :D

Steve Chryssos
05-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Looks great. Congrats. :thumbsup:

Y-TRY
05-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Looks great! And the history of the car is so neat. Did you end up using Touring-Classics front brakes? (Those guys are friends of mine)

That car is full of nifty tricks. Where did you hide the master cylinder and wiper motor?

:thumbsup:

zbugger
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Looks awesome!!! Now you gotta take pics of the 'Vette and the Camaro together. Very nice car you have there.

69MyWay
05-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Yep, those are Touring Classic brake adapters and rotors. I had picked up the calipers and baskets before I got in touch with them.

Which one to drive? The Vette when it is just me or my wife and the Camaro when the whole family needs some hot rodding :D

I have some super high resolution pics of those same photos from a 6.2 mega pixel camera, but, I just ran out of space on my server. I took a quick video walk around of it today too but am unable to upload.

As soon as I can figure out how to get some more space...or if Scott could be convinced to host up a feature on this car on the main page we could have some better pics for view soon.

Just took the alt off and found my receipt. It had a 90 day warranty from the rebuilder dating to December. DOH! His shop does excellent work and I would trust them over the regular "lifetime" kinds found at the chain stores. By the time we re-do it I could have just bought a new GM unit. Oh well, live and learn.

RussMS
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Great Looking Car. Love that Deep Red Color. :thumbsup:

Piet
05-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Looks great Chris,

Really intersted in pictures of your brake setup....

907rs
05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Congrats Chris! The level of finish you've achieved on that car in such a short amount of time is just awesome. :thumbsup:

69rs
05-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Great job!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Jay Hilliard
05-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Congrats Chris. Very NICE! I bet you will love the LS1.

Rybar
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
That car looks awesome, love the paint scheme at the LS1 install looks super clean!

T Bell
05-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Looks wonderful. I am just amazed at how you could pull this off with an infant in the house. I can hear my wife now...."You spend more time with that car than you do us".

Y-TRY
05-27-2005, 02:39 AM
My wife used to say that all the time. Now she's my ex wife, and it's really true now.

Off subject: One of the guys at Touring Classics (www.touring-classics.com) may be selling his SWEET LS1/6 speed '68. If you know anyone interested let me know and I'll make contact. I had the opportunity to drive the car and it is awesome.

I had the pleasure of witnessing him build it up. VERY talented guy. It's the silver one on their logo. Hurry and buy it before he changes his mind.

69MyWay
05-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Looks wonderful. I am just amazed at how you could pull this off with an infant in the house. I can hear my wife now...."You spend more time with that car than you do us".

She is pretty cool. What I did was set a common goal to finish the car by July to drive to Columbus, Ohio to enter in the Good Guys show AND then spend that week with her family which all live in that area. It is a road trip with a twist since the 1 year old gets to ride along with.

So, we worked out a schedule then built some flexibility into it so we could pull this off. Been tough because I have also been working with my buddy doing a full pro-tour on his 81 Vette among several other projects over this last year (house, yard, career issues, keeping my extended families vehicles running, etc etc, etc). Been a hard year.

Now we are talking about selling the house and launching into building one. GEEEEZ, I think I like to punish myself! Vacation? What's that? Isn't that where you take time off your day job to build, make, finish, fix, some other massive project at home?

69MyWay
05-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Go back to this page, scroll to the bottom, right click, save as, and play the walk around video.

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Camaro.html

radrambler
05-27-2005, 06:46 AM
call me

lets get those pics we have been talking about done this weekend... :yes: .
glad to seee your able to put some miles on it :thumbsup:

must be nice .....
radrambler

groovyjay
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
That really turned out great! One of the nicest 69's out there! :cool: Any chance making a "small" trip to New Orleans on 15th of June? :unibrow: :thumbsup:

buck
06-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Love the car. I'm currently working on a 67MyWay :yes:
It will be a very long time until mine looks that sweet.
you are the man... :hail:

anyway... I may have to head to the Good Guys show since it is almost in my backyard...

She is pretty cool. What I did was set a common goal to finish the car by July to drive to Columbus, Ohio to enter in the Good Guys show AND then spend that week with her family which all live in that area. It is a road trip with a twist since the 1 year old gets to ride along with.

69-572
06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Very slick! I really like the color and interior.