PDA

View Full Version : Drove it to work today!!!!!!!

69MyWay
05-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Yep, just starting to get some miles on the 69 Camaro. Drove it to work today for the first time. Have some minor glitches so I still have a ways to go until it is full road worth for the trip to Ohio in July.

Repainted the roof the other night. Had three spots trying to blister. Something was caught under the primer. What a pain in the butt! I had to grind to metal, putty coat, spot prime,block the roof, then blend into the upper sail panel area. I think I did a decent job for my first time trying to blend with a heavy pearl two stage paint. You can see a slight difference in the color as your eye follows the panel up. This is still better than repainting the whole rear of the car, and time is getting short! Color sanded and buffed it all last night so it will have to do for now.

Problems I am still having:

1. Cruise control won't respond (I had to go and stuff the servo on top of the steering column on a reverse pull to the Lokar throttle pedal so getting to it is a major pain-but it is totally hidden from view and hooked to the stock late model column mount cruise switch).

2. Idle/stall issues with relearn on the radical cam/head package

3. Can't get it to stay in lock up for the torque converter. My buddy thinks the TCC solenoid might be bad so we have to yank the pan and check after we run the tech II to check it out.

4. Cooling fan issues. I set the car up to turn on the primary fan at 180 and secondary (I can't remember what temp). I need to jumper over the primary relay signal wire to trigger the secondary fan as well because she gets up around 215-225 if you let it sit in one spot and idle too long (faster with the a/c on). Otherwise she stays at about 185 rolling or stopped as long as there is regular movement.

5. Waiting on center caps for rims

6. Tint windows! The a/c is cold but the sun comes in and heats the air before it gets to your face and takes the super frosty cold chill off.

7. Rear window lower trim (I have to make something here).

8. I cut the outside of the rear tires as the fender lip was not trimmed up enough, so we have to yank and flip the tires on the rim now that I have the clearance needed to cruise.

9. The remote trunk release and keyless signal works off and on for the trunk. Not sure what the issue is there yet but will need to work it out.

10. Water leaks in trunk. Not sure where or how, but water is getting in there.

If the weather holds this afternoon I will move the car to a scenic spot outside of the office here and snap some photos before I pucker up and roll back home. You guys know how it is when you are flogging out a car for the first time in grid lock rush hour traffic!

XcYZ
05-25-2005, 07:48 AM
I can't believe how fast you've made progress on the car, Chris. I'm slow when it comes to just making decisions on the car. lol

Looking forward to the pictures. :thumbsup: More motivation to get my car done.

jonny51
05-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Damn Chris your not wasting anytime,Im jealous!

69MyWay
05-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Almost went perfect.

Lost the alternater on the way home. Thanks to my Optima battery I was able to drive right on into the shop with no problems.

Yanking it off in a few minutes and will send it back to the rebuilder on Thursday.

Took some pics at my work. Going to start a new thread with those.