PDA

View Full Version : Paint Gun Info. -Sharpe "Finex"

almcbri
05-23-2005, 05:08 PM
I ordered today a Sharpe-Finex gravity paint gun. I was wondering if anyone had any pro's and cons they would like to add about these guns? The price seemed right. I figure in a few years I will move on up to a sata and use this gun for my primer gun but for now this will do on my college budget. I am a beginner on paint work, but I am fixing to paint this old 83' ski nautique-base/clear here in a week or two and am trying to get that ready to go. Any feedback on this gun will be great.

mjmillar73
02-08-2006, 12:42 PM
I ordered the same gun...FX300. I read on another board that a gun liked his just as much as his SATA. So it muct be half decent, especially for the money.

Musclerodz
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I just bought a FX100 mini for small work and I am very happy with it.

Mike

almcbri
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Mike,

How much did you give for the mini? and where did you buy it at? After painting my dash and other misc. hard to reach places I see where a smaller gun would come in handy.

I am happy also with my gun. I don't know that it as good as a Sata, but for what I am doing right now, I am happy with it. As far as the price goes you can't beat em as well. My good friend who builds Bel-Airs uses a $50.00 porter cable gun and shoots 50K-60K dollar cars with it. I even painted with it, and was impressed. I can't complain, for that price you can throw it away and buy a new one for each project.

Todds69
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Where did you get the gun at? How much was it? Just curious, I'm might be throwing some paint around pretty soon.

almcbri
02-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I got mine from a local paint store in Edmond, Ok. I think I payed like 95.00 plus I got 1.4 and 1.8 tips and extra misc. parts for the gun.

You can get them out of eastwood magazine or online cheaper than that.

Musclerodz
02-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I bought mine from B&H in Norman. Customer price is around $90, but since I buy so much from them I always get a better deal. 1.0 tip is all you can get with it and lays down very nice thin coats.

Mike

Todds69
02-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys for the info...sorry, didn't want to steal the thread.

Bad94
02-12-2006, 07:28 PM
I spray all my high dollars paints out of my Sata Dig Jet. But for cheaper stuff i have a Finex and SGF98( I think it SGF), and Sharpe Colbalt for primer.

Im will be buying a Iwata or a Sata RP pretty soon, I love buying new paint guns,

A paint job isnt about the gun, its the prep work, paint, and painter. I did a grill for a fullsize with a $50 gun got at parts store just to try it, did pretty good.

race-rodz
02-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I love buying new paint guns.

i can relate to this, personally i have never tryed the sharpe gun, but for the price, it sounds like you cant go wrong. good luck with the boat, i painted a boat once, never never again :_paranoid

i use mostly sata guns and a couple iwata's, NR2000 & LPH400 for bases, dig2000 for clear and kandys, rp for clear on bikes or over graphics, sata jet 95 for sealers, and some old iwata with a huge tip for hi-build primers.

and i have a few harbor frieght $12 throw away guns for glue, gel coat, and other nasty stuff that i wont waste my time trying to clean outa a gun.

race-rodz
02-13-2006, 09:21 PM
ok...i bought a finex mini today, and used it alllll day. overall... i think its a good gun, doesnt spray kandy worth crap, and sprays clear so-so. overall base and pearl gun, cant complain one bit...especially for the price