PDA

View Full Version : what and how- polish on Aluminum wheels

67ragtp
07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
What are you guys using to keep these high polished aluminum wheels shining like new. I would like to here your polishing technique as well, example hand polish or machine polish , power ball etc.

Im using a product called Busch super shine alum. polish, I think its nicer than the mothers polishes that Ive tried. My problem is that it seems to leave slight polishing scratches. The stuff is slightly abrasive. Ive been polishing with cotton cloth and have not tried power buffing yet. My budniks when new out of the box had no swirl in them , now its very fine from my buffing.

Thanks Rich

Vegas69
07-28-2007, 03:31 AM
Wizards works great on my motorcycle wheels. That and a coat of wax should keep you happy for a little while.

surreyboy
07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
ive always used this stuff called PEEK, its foam in a can, meant for alluminum railings, its not gritty like other compounds, so you get that new from the box type polish, provided your wheels are already in nice shape.otherwise you will need something with more grit to start with

firckn
07-28-2007, 07:40 PM
tropi-care.com has their metal polish and also they sale a product called magic mix. I use both daily depending upon the make of wheel.

71Cuda
08-17-2007, 03:20 AM
I used to polish my old Weld Draglites quickly by just putting some Mothers mag wheel polish on my fingers, wipe it around on the wheel surface a little using just my finger tips, then wipe it off with a soft rag. It would take them to a mirror finish in a matter of a couple minutes.

67ragtp
08-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I found the ultimate metal polish, made by a company called Wizards products. This stuff flat out shines, wheels look like the day they came out of the box. Im really impressed with there polish and breathable sealant for paint, its called shine master. check them out, I think you will like it. They also have a quick detailer called Mist-n-shine wipe on wipe off looks great.

I sound like a freakin infomercial- I dont usually hawk a product but this stuff is really good.

Rich