PDA

View Full Version : Help getting T56 into revers!

John S
07-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I've got things coming together and I installed the driveshaft today and decided to try and move the car under its own power. I was not able to get the tranny into reverse while the engine was running. I do have a reverse lockout wired and it is functioning correctly. I do not get any grinding at all it just seems like the shifter hits a wall when I try to get it into reverse.

If I shut the engine down, slip it into reverse then start it up everything seems to be fine.
I have no problem getting into 1st or 2nd and the clutch seems to be engaging and disengaging just fine.

When I get it into reverse and start the engine it does seem like the engine drags just a little but the car does not try to move. One running and in reverse the clutch engages and releases fine.

Can anyone offer some insight or help?
Thanks

JamesJ
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
If it does not go into R when the car in running but will when the car is off and it will go into the other gears then I would have to say it must be the lockout even though you say it is not. not many other reasons.

John S
07-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks James;
Is there a way to test the reverse lockout to make sure it is functioning properly with the engine running?

Travis Rankin
08-17-2007, 03:21 AM
How is the lock out wired?..

Im thinking it must not be getting power when the engine is running.. just try to jump it to eliminate the possibility.. I bet that's it..

With muscle you should still be able to get it in reverse with the lockout not even activated.. just another angle to help narrow it down ;)