PDA

View Full Version : Pre Bent Brake lines DSE sub & SFCs

murtah
07-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Is it a bitch to bend and flare SS lines? I have never messed with it and I hate doing steel as it is.

Those of you with DSE subframe connectors on 69s, did you just order the front to rear classic tube and make "corrections" where it goes over the SFC?

I am trying to take the easy way out and order a pre-bent 69 front to rear line. That way I only have to make a few corrections to it on top of bending my own lines for the sub crossmember and rear.

Thoughts, suggestions?

ZZ3ElCamino
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
I am currently in the process of bending SS line for all of my brake lines through out my car. You need to get a 37 degree flaring tool (Ridgid makes a good one, and is pretty easy) and you can get seamless SS tubing in 6' sticks from McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com). It of course it is a bit more expensive, but it looks good in the end. My $.02

6'9"Witha69
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Do you hav ehte one or two piece rear line? If it is the 2 piece then you just need to run a new line from the connector under the drivers seat area to the rear junction.

But yes, flaring SS is a pain. The first flare is easy, getting the second one straight is not. At least for me and I hve redone entire systems for myself and 4 friends and I still have issues.

murtah
07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't have either. Dynacorn convertible body. DSE quadra link with 9inch. Should I get the 2 piece rear line? Which is preferable?

Jay Hilliard
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
If running large brakes with proportioning valve then use a one-peice rear line. I have DSE sub frame connectors and the one peice works fine. I got my line from In-Line tube if I remember correctly.

rich-allen
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I thought most people ran a 45 degree double flare?

I just bought a ridgid 45 degree double flare tool, maybe i should return it for the 37.

murtah
07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Jay,
Did you mean to say one-piece front to rear line?