PDA

View Full Version : Rambler Update

radrambler
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
hey guys

a few have asked whats up with me and THE RAMBLER....
well car is getting prepped for paint ........i have paid my friend to do some of the bodywork ...im waiting for the work to be finished.....
new girlfriend gets some of my extra time
thats why i have no pics ....its just boring to look at now......
he does high quality work.....same guy who came up with the suspension...
i havent nailed the paint scheme yet ..but im trying to order the new digital paint booth that house of kolor came out with......ill post those colored images for you guys too look at ..see what ya think...
i just recieved my autometer PHANTOM electronic speedometer today...
i wanted to let ya know the project is still going on .. its just at boring stage ... DIDNT MAKE THE POWER TOUR GOAL....but i did try to push.. im just not a paint & body expert and thats why the car isnt going to be there..

thats whats up guys
radrambler

Steve Chryssos
05-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm watching this project closely. Have you narrowed down the color choices?

radrambler
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm watching this project closely. Have you narrowed down the color choices?

:thumbsup: your product will be on the car !!!....(cool write up in the popular hot rodding).....im sure the new owner of steves car will be happy.....

i just recieved my fiberglass bumpers today.....i found them from an amc parts guy on ebay....they had just been produced.. nobody makes crap for a rambler......aftermarket...that is ...they look good ..im going to fit them to the car now..... :D
thanks for your interest......keeps me motivated when people are interested in seeing it done .......
paint choices? im not 100 % yet im still kinda on the fence..ill post something as soon as i get it nailed ..wont be long......im toying with red white and blue
metallic white from toyota/lexus....on the sides from body line down
-arrival blue(chevy) on the top from body line up.....red pinstripe sepperating them...thats kinda my strongest ..now .. it is a rambler AMERICAN..THATS WHY IM THINKING ABOUT THE RED WHITE AND BLUE

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INTEREST
RADRAMBLER

Steve Chryssos
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Thank you.
Fiberglass bumpers, huh? You gonna back them up with steel? My skimpy steel bumper saved mine and my wife's lives. Deformed more than 12" but did not break.