PDA

View Full Version : how long you guys waiting for wheels???

67velle
07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I,m close to 8 weeks from budnik still no wheels!!!!:_paranoid

ZZ3ElCamino
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I am right at 2 weeks to the day for my Forgelines...I anticipate another 2-3 weeks.

I waited 8 weeks for a set of Budniks in the past. So you aren't doing too bad :D

Ronny
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I waited about 3,5 months for some FOOSE wheels...
Took 1 week extra to get them to Norway.

jack67rs
07-21-2007, 04:54 PM
your probably close, my budniks took 10 or 11 weeks.

HRBS
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Custom Sizes ?

Billet Specialties - (20x16 wheels) 12 weeks
Boyd - (20x16 wheels) 15 weeks !

Intro - (20x16 wheels) 5 weeks ! (Go Dave and Lynn):woot:

Datsbad
08-09-2007, 01:33 PM
The problem is theres only one guy who does the hoops.
We are at his mercy .

Thing is also , who is going to do this when he doesnt do it anymore?
I hear he is a older gentelman also .

QSPres
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Waited 4 days for my C6 wheels to be delivered from their old owner to me...

Billet wheels suck to clean. Hope you guys have stock in Mothers.....

jet-tech1
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Got my American Racing Torqlites from Jon at DriverzInc in 4 DAYS!!!

Way to go Jon! Dude was super easy to talk to and do business with. He know his stuff.

jjump59
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
A few days under 4 weeks to my door for Forgelines from Frank at Prodigy. Sweet deal too! Now I really gotta get going on the car! As slow as I am they won't be cool by the time I get the car done.

TravisB
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
8-12 weeks is normal for budnik.......

ZZ3ElCamino
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
A few days under 4 weeks to my door for Forgelines from Frank at Prodigy. Sweet deal too! Now I really gotta get going on the car! As slow as I am they won't be cool by the time I get the car done.

I am at 6+ weeks for my Forgelines.....

Datsbad
08-13-2007, 08:34 AM
We have been waiting on a set of BOZE Alloys for 6 weeks , they called and told us they were done and would be shipping out to us .

2 weeks go by and we have nothing. I make a call and they say "oh there not done yet " .

This is great !

QSPres
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
All that money you guys spend on those wheels and that's how you're treated?

Glad I went with OEM's...........

ProdigyCustoms
08-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I am at 6+ weeks for my Forgelines.....

Can you say chrome! Seems to slow everyone down. I swear if I had the money I would open a chrome shop. EPA problems make it hard though, so not many left.

HRBS
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM
We have been waiting on a set of BOZE Alloys for 6 weeks

Thats odd. Back in Jan (busy season) I had a set of 18x8,18x7 with black centers delievered in exactly 6 weeks door to door.
Nice to deal with too.

markss28
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
My Boyd Coddingtons took 8 weeks. Ordered Jan. received in Mar. well worth the wait.

nitrorocket
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM
My 3 pc. Intro wheels took exactly 2 weeks from the call to my door!!

JUSTANOVA
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
its been 3 years ago since i ordered my ccw's(classic 3pc) and they took i think 1 week. 18x11 w/ 5.5"of backspace

Fastbowtie
09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Well let's see, I ordered a set of Torq Thrust CL205's on May 25th and we still don't have them. I called them today to see what the status was and American Racing said we will call you back and let you know this afternoon. Its 10:08 PM right now.......I will not buy anything from American Racing again.

67velle
09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
doesn't that just piss you off!?!?:mad: This is why I asked in the first place, maybe we can take this info and use it to get better and faster service...To all suppiers.......SERVICE IS EVERYTHING!:thumbsup: :lateral:

Fastbowtie
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Ok so I called them this morning had to leave a message. Called twice. Finally at about 6 PM he calls me and tells me (Guy sounds like Lumberger from Office Space) "yea....well you see the guy I told to do your wheels 2 weeks ago yea....well you see he gave the info to one of his people and well their not even built yet....yea and by the way theres only 4 centers left to do one more set of wheels...yea and I'm not sure those are going to be yours.....but if they don't have them I'm going to see if I can get you money back......" Oh Gee Thanks...thats so nice... I told him so I pay you in full in May and you hold my money hostage until the end of summer (September and still holding) and now your saying that you still might not be able to get my rims and now you might see if you can get them to refund my money... (I hate them!!!) AMERICAN RACING SUCKS!!!

DriverzInc
09-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Man that sux. I can tell you this, the OLDEST order I have on my books right now is also CL205's from American from back in July. They are quoting me 10/31 before I will see them. Apparently, they have had a huge problem getting out 18" CL205's.

Fastbowtie
09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Man that sux. I can tell you this, the OLDEST order I have on my books right now is also CL205's from American from back in July. They are quoting me 10/31 before I will see them. Apparently, they have had a huge problem getting out 18" CL205's.

Well, I called him again today and he said he would call me back after his lunch. That was at 1:40 PM. Its 10:16 PM. No call. He told me that he would call me today and have it in cement <his words not mine>. Never called. Also yesterday he told me that there were only 4 centers left and didn't know if I was going to get them. It all started with those centers back in May..... They told me they had no centers and would be 4 to 8 weeks. Then when 8 Weeks pasted they told me they were waiting on paint and it would be 4 to 8 weeks again. Then he tells me that they can't get the paint they use from China and they wanted to know if I'd mind them painting them with a USA paint, I said no thats fine go ahead. They said Ok that should take about 2 weeks call me back in 2 weeks. Well it's 2 weeks later and now they saying they have no centers left. WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!

Fastbowtie
09-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Ok so he finally called me last night. He says the wheels are being built. He says they sent the centers out to get them painted and that everything should be done by the 24th. He says they should be to me by the 26th and if their not he says to call and scream at him and he will call and scream at California and then he'll have them sent next day air or 2nd day air. Will see how this goes. I hope for Brad's sake there here before the 26th. (Brad is the Salesman at American Racing):mad:

67velle
09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
This is bulls..t and it not even my wheels..........:mad: KEEP US POSTED! American racing should take notice of all the customers they are sure to loose. As popular as this company,s wheels are on this site maybe somone should find a way to get this done !!!!!!! hello american racing:_paranoid

Fastbowtie
09-15-2007, 08:24 PM
This is bulls..t and it not even my wheels..........:mad: KEEP US POSTED! American racing should take notice of all the customers they are sure to loose. As popular as this company,s wheels are on this site maybe somone should find a way to get this done !!!!!!! hello american racing:_paranoid

I totally agree.... I will let you know what happens. I'm thinking next set is going to be Fikse or HRE's. A lot more money but at least they get you the wheels when you pay for them.

Fastbowtie
09-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok so he finally called me last night. He says the wheels are being built. He says they sent the centers out to get them painted and that everything should be done by the 24th. He says they should be to me by the 26th and if their not he says to call and scream at him and he will call and scream at California and then he'll have them sent next day air or 2nd day air. Will see how this goes. I hope for Brad's sake there here before the 26th. (Brad is the Salesman at American Racing):mad:

Well, today is the 26th, and guess what.......no wheels.... 4 months later. I am trying to get a hold of Brad now. What a joke. They took my money 4 months ago.:mad:

Birdman
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
You just sealed my decision on which wheels to buy. I have about 10 months to take this car to completion and I sure as hell am not going to wait 4 months for wheels! :rolleyes:

Fastbowtie
09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, today is the 26th, and guess what.......no wheels.... 4 months later. I am trying to get a hold of Brad now. What a joke. They took my money 4 months ago.:mad:

Well, More good news....apparently the wheels were not made yet. He said that when they went to get the last four centers they were gone (wow imagine that). Now he says it will be another 4 weeks (for a total of 5 Months) before he can get a set made. He also says that he will give me one wheel for free. (Oh boy if you can even get them made.) I can't tell people enough to STAY AWAY from American Racing! This was a simple order, 4 CL205's 17x8, and 17x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing. This is like a bad nightmare that won't end! He says to me ok I am prepared to give you your money back...wow great money and no wheels and at least an 8 week wait from any other manufacture. Everytime I ask him to put me in touch with someone who is a boss, he tells me oh you'd just get the same answer I would. This is crazy....I won't be saying anything nice about American Racing when this is all done. :mad: :mad: :mad:

tyoneal
09-26-2007, 09:23 PM
To those experiencing a difficult time dealing with a business.

I had some issues a couple of years ago and this is what I did.

Before I get started, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.

Since you have good documentation, consider sending a message to the AG of the State their Head Quarters are located in.

Tell the AG that after months and months of keeping you money, after they have repeatably lied about the timing of your order product, and at this point your not sure whether or not they intend to ever deliver the wheels.

When the AG starts getting several of these letters and the amount of money involved. (Collectively) Letters go out, and Businesses Really don't want to be getting these types of letters.

Follow up to AR that you are speaking with council regarding this issue, and send them a copy of the letter you sent to the AG. Say that if you don't see some positive results asap. You will also be looking into the options the DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practices Act) provides for consumers who have been taken advantage of by Businesses.

If you don't hear anything quickly, get a letter sent from an attorney, everyone having problems get together and hire one Lawyer to write a letter using all your names. (You can split the bill and it helps build up the $$$ amount of the possible damages. Letters will cost $200-$600. It's the letterhead I think that gets their attention the most.

BTW: The DTPA allows consumers to sue for Treble damages. (At least it used to)

This at least what I did to settle some issues I had to address several years ago.

Send ALL Correspondence Registered, Return Receipt. So you can make sure it was received and who signed for it. I always go to the web-page and send things to someone at the very top of the food chain. They generally have the power to kick some ass.

(Again, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.)

Please do as you see fit, if you know an attorney, bounce this off him/her a see if this will get their attention. The years I have been in business have taught me that, "If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will"

I hope this might help you get started. If there are any REAL Law Professionals on this site, please correct, modify or slam any or all of the information I just wrote.

True legal skills are always better than just some ones past experiences.

Let us know how it turns out one way or the other. Share with us what worked or what didn't work.

Good Luck,

Ty O'Neal

Fastbowtie
11-14-2007, 02:25 PM
To those experiencing a difficult time dealing with a business.

I had some issues a couple of years ago and this is what I did.

Before I get started, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.

Since you have good documentation, consider sending a message to the AG of the State their Head Quarters are located in.

Tell the AG that after months and months of keeping you money, after they have repeatably lied about the timing of your order product, and at this point your not sure whether or not they intend to ever deliver the wheels.

When the AG starts getting several of these letters and the amount of money involved. (Collectively) Letters go out, and Businesses Really don't want to be getting these types of letters.

Follow up to AR that you are speaking with council regarding this issue, and send them a copy of the letter you sent to the AG. Say that if you don't see some positive results asap. You will also be looking into the options the DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practices Act) provides for consumers who have been taken advantage of by Businesses.

If you don't hear anything quickly, get a letter sent from an attorney, everyone having problems get together and hire one Lawyer to write a letter using all your names. (You can split the bill and it helps build up the $$$ amount of the possible damages. Letters will cost $200-$600. It's the letterhead I think that gets their attention the most.

BTW: The DTPA allows consumers to sue for Treble damages. (At least it used to)

This at least what I did to settle some issues I had to address several years ago.

Send ALL Correspondence Registered, Return Receipt. So you can make sure it was received and who signed for it. I always go to the web-page and send things to someone at the very top of the food chain. They generally have the power to kick some ass.

(Again, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.)

Please do as you see fit, if you know an attorney, bounce this off him/her a see if this will get their attention. The years I have been in business have taught me that, "If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will"

I hope this might help you get started. If there are any REAL Law Professionals on this site, please correct, modify or slam any or all of the information I just wrote.

True legal skills are always better than just some ones past experiences.

Let us know how it turns out one way or the other. Share with us what worked or what didn't work.

Good Luck,

Ty O'Neal

Ok so the Wheels Finally came today. Ordered on May 25 Received on Nov 14th. They did take $250 off the order. Can anyone top that time received? 5 1/2 months for CL205's.

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
yes..

6 months on my old Boyd Codfishlingtons..

that shiit sucked..

Roger M
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I bought my Coddingtons from a local Discount tire.. supposedly in their warehouse in AZ. and one week out. Turned into 3 weeks after they discovered they didnt have any and boyds people promised to make up a set within 2 weeks.... 4 1/2 months later plus. I did only have to pay for 2 wheels, but was dissappointed with the customer service and communication. They are nice rims, but I would like to find some center caps with a different logo,such as "looking for sponsors'.

SDMAN
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Ive had a wheel order in with Budnik for about 5 weeks now. I expect to see the wheels the first week in December. They told me wheels 10" and under (width) usually run 6 weeks and as soon as you go over the 10" width, it goes to 8 weeks because of the extra time needed to build the 10"+ rim. All 4 of my wheels are over 10" wide.

gmjj13
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
been waitin a little over 6 weeks for my Boze wheels. can't get a good answer as to when they will be done or what. this sucks. hopefully i'll know something early next week. i was told 4-6 weeks originally, but it looks as though it may be longer now...

staged67gspwr
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I just ordered my Budniks this past week they told me 6-8 weeks.:(

Thanks

murtah
11-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Nearly 4 months and counting for my Bonspeeds. Heck, you would think they would have some wider hoops already made considering they are the same wheels going on the Baldwin Motion cars.

SDMAN
12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I just ordered my Budniks this past week they told me 6-8 weeks.:(

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after about 10 weeks my Budniks finally shipped out to me yesterday. I hope to see them right after Christmas. This really put me behind, but at least I can start the new year on a high note. Nothing left to slow us down now.

jbutlr
12-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Little under 4 weeks for my Rushforth wheels from Jon at Driverz Inc. He told me they would be done under 4 weeks and they were. Great guy to deal with.

gmjj13
12-22-2007, 12:27 PM
well, i was told my Boze wheels shipped out yesterday, and should be here sometime next week. looking forward to getting them. :D

Bad94
12-22-2007, 04:36 PM
It been over 6 weeks since i ordered a set of Boyd's.

AllSpeedAndy
12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Dyrdek's American Racing wheels, granted with custom centers still 6 1/2 months to get:( held the project real bad for a while.

Billet Specialties 20x16 and 18x6's with custom b.s.and fully polished both sides...6 weeks to cut weld and polish then ship:thumbsup: Only problem was the Mickey Sportsman SR's got back ordered on us, so had to wait another 4 weeks for those.

Mr.VENGEANCE
12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
just got mine..

4 months my friends.. 4 months...

SDMAN
12-24-2007, 09:30 PM
So I get home a little late, from a family Christmas Eve function. And what do I find dropped at my front door? My Budnik wheels!!!!!! Delivered on Christmas Eve. Nice touch. Who says theres no Santa Claus. Pics to follow.

SDMAN
12-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Had a few spare minutes, so I thought I would dig out the rear brakes and see how they looked together. Im liking it!

COYBILT
12-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I know my wheels have to be made by TEAM 3 wheels which is local so maybe I can get the guy to build them quicker then normal. I am planning on 4 weeks or less, but will see. I am doing the et classic 5

staged67gspwr
12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
I`m in my 6th week on my Budniks,they told me 3-6 weeks hopeyfully i get some new this week or next week.

Thanks

MODO Innovations
12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
I waited 12 weeks for my rear 18x12 Boyd's.

boonedog
12-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Dyrdek's American Racing wheels, granted with custom centers still 6 1/2 months to get:( held the project real bad for a while.

Billet Specialties 20x16 and 18x6's with custom b.s.and fully polished both sides...6 weeks to cut weld and polish then ship:thumbsup: Only problem was the Mickey Sportsman SR's got back ordered on us, so had to wait another 4 weeks for those.

lets see some pics of these things:yes:

aany001
12-27-2007, 10:45 PM
ordered my wheels about 7 weeks ago...called Fikse today and they said my wheels should be shipped out in 2 weeks.Keeping my fingers crossed. :_paranoid

awr68
12-27-2007, 11:13 PM
I was just thinking of you Steve and if you had got them yet? It will be worth the wait! The Holidays must have slowed them down!

gmjj13
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
got my Boze today, it was definately worth the wait....:thumbsup:

kennyd
01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I`m in my 6th week on my Budniks,they told me 3-6 weeks hopeyfully i get some new this week or next week.

Thanks

they will be worth the wait , his wheels and polish is the best i have seen !

Fastbowtie
01-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Ok so the Wheels Finally came today. Ordered on May 25 Received on Nov 14th. They did take $250 off the order. Can anyone top that time received? 5 1/2 months for CL205's.

UPDATE: Sent this in today.

Hi, I ordered a set of CL205's on May 25th of last year. I was told it was going to take 3 to 4 weeks because of their sizes. After 4 weeks they told me that they were not made yet because they were having issues with the centers. Once the centers did become available my order was lost. So they resubmitted and told me it was going to be done right away. After waiting another 4 weeks I proceeded to call back and at that time I was informed that there was no paint for the centers, and that this paint was special from China and was on back order. At that time I was told it would be at least another 4 to 6 weeks before they could get this special paint in. So the paint finally comes in about September and then I'm told that there are no hoops and that we can not make any rims until these become available. Finally some hoops become available and the rims are made and sent to me in November. After receiving them I inspect them and find that 2 of the rims are damaged. They have been dropped. The box has a cut on the rim edge and the dents are pretty bad. So I call back and they send call tags for the damaged wheels. Another month goes by its now December and I have heard no word back on the original rims I sent back. My Father looks closer at the other rims that we kept and finds that I have missed to more dents on the inside of the lips on the ones I kept. I call on Thursday January 3rd for status on the rims I already sent back and to inform them that I have 2 more that need to be sent back. I realize that the whole reason these are damaged is because someone has shipped these with out the plastic rim guards that go around the outer edge. I get a call Friday January 4th from the Dealer Jack at Fast lane in Kansas City that the person I was working with Brad is no longer working at American Racing he has been promoted to Weld wheels and also that American Racing is now requesting all of my rims be shipped back and we get a full refund. NO RIMS AT ALL. Ok I think I have been a pretty good sport about all this. For all the excuses that Brad has given me and what I ended up receiving. Now I have missed out on a complete summer and fall. It is now winter, I am looking forward to getting my car out for next season I have selected the wheels I wanted and would choose not to go through this process again. I would like some customer support. My Friend had ordered wheels from you in about the same sizes and had no issues at all, (he had suggested your company, boy does he feel stupid now) I don't understand why this is such an impossible task. Please could someone call me back and really straighten this out. I really would like to use your product on my car. I have not sent the 2nd set of wheels back yet. I am waiting on a call from you. Thank your for your time.

67velle
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
call Tim at PRRC and just get another brand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

ZZ3ElCamino
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
got my Boze today, it was definately worth the wait....:thumbsup:

Those are sick! Congrats!

Bad94
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Today is 10 weeks, this has put a hurting on alot of project at the shop. Im not too happy with this deal.

NvrDun71
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
UPDATE: Sent this in today.

Hi, I ordered a set of CL205's on May 25th of last year. I was told it was going to take 3 to 4 weeks because of their sizes. After 4 weeks they told me that they were not made yet because they were having issues with the centers. Once the centers did become available my order was lost. So they resubmitted and told me it was going to be done right away. After waiting another 4 weeks I proceeded to call back and at that time I was informed that there was no paint for the centers, and that this paint was special from China and was on back order. At that time I was told it would be at least another 4 to 6 weeks before they could get this special paint in. So the paint finally comes in about September and then I'm told that there are no hoops and that we can not make any rims until these become available. Finally some hoops become available and the rims are made and sent to me in November. After receiving them I inspect them and find that 2 of the rims are damaged. They have been dropped. The box has a cut on the rim edge and the dents are pretty bad. So I call back and they send call tags for the damaged wheels. Another month goes by its now December and I have heard no word back on the original rims I sent back. My Father looks closer at the other rims that we kept and finds that I have missed to more dents on the inside of the lips on the ones I kept. I call on Thursday January 3rd for status on the rims I already sent back and to inform them that I have 2 more that need to be sent back. I realize that the whole reason these are damaged is because someone has shipped these with out the plastic rim guards that go around the outer edge. I get a call Friday January 4th from the Dealer Jack at Fast lane in Kansas City that the person I was working with Brad is no longer working at American Racing he has been promoted to Weld wheels and also that American Racing is now requesting all of my rims be shipped back and we get a full refund. NO RIMS AT ALL. Ok I think I have been a pretty good sport about all this. For all the excuses that Brad has given me and what I ended up receiving. Now I have missed out on a complete summer and fall. It is now winter, I am looking forward to getting my car out for next season I have selected the wheels I wanted and would choose not to go through this process again. I would like some customer support. My Friend had ordered wheels from you in about the same sizes and had no issues at all, (he had suggested your company, boy does he feel stupid now) I don't understand why this is such an impossible task. Please could someone call me back and really straighten this out. I really would like to use your product on my car. I have not sent the 2nd set of wheels back yet. I am waiting on a call from you. Thank your for your time.

Sent you a PM