PDA

View Full Version : American Hot Rod

XcYZ
12-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Did you guys catch it last night? That kid has a real attitude problem, I can't believe it took Boyd that long to fire him.

907rs
12-04-2004, 09:20 AM
I missed it Scott. Who got fired?

c.schulz
12-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Bluebear, what a jackass. I dont have much respect for Boyd himself but to let blue bear get away as long as he did? The kid must be o so stupid.Boyd was paying for the parts and paying him to work on his own car and bluebear couldnt see past the safety issue of boxing the frame. :eek:
Chris

Stuart Adams
12-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Why can't the networks use someone with class, Boyd don't got any.

BC69
12-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Im with you Stuart. When we watch rides, they have RadRides by Troy, and they all seem to get along and be cool. Last week with the Hammer, everyone in that shop seemed to get along and be cool. Its cause Boyd has drama...and for the networks, drama sells.
I wonder what it has done to his sales?

Tim

MaxHarvard
12-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Thank god they fired that moron.

Ummgawa
12-04-2004, 03:15 PM
I agree. makes you wonder if he is related to one of the producers. I've said it before , Iliked Boyd better when he was fat. He had a better personality.

rockdogz
12-04-2004, 10:19 PM
I am so glad he got fired, he sure deserved it. Many shows ago. But Boyd though - what an egomaniac. I could never work for someone like that. He should have never put Bluebear - what is he, like 18? - in charge of a team under such pressure. Then he didn't bail him out, and had confrontational meetings with him in front of his coworkers - very unprofessional. Boyd doesn't know how to manage worth a darn.

Hydratech®
12-05-2004, 10:07 AM
I watched that show for a little while when it first came out, but found the drama annoying, along with a "get a bigger hammer" / bandaid mentality really turning me off.

They should've never even hired this Bluebear goof in the first place, and then hanging onto him as long as they did? Good grief...

I wonder how the owner of a finished vehicle feels after watching the show? What with all of the Ooops, Uh Ohs, Oh Boys being shown on national TV - yikes!

jonny51
12-05-2004, 10:13 AM
I am so glad he got fired, he sure deserved it. Many shows ago. But Boyd though - what an egomaniac. I could never work for someone like that. He should have never put Bluebear - what is he, like 18? - in charge of a team under such pressure. Then he didn't bail him out, and had confrontational meetings with him in front of his coworkers - very unprofessional. Boyd doesn't know how to manage worth a darn.

I guess Boyd does not know when he fires a guy he needs to have a check ready.I think most of that show is just a big act.Unprofessional in an understatement.

hotwheels
12-06-2004, 08:54 AM
you know what's sad, the network wants them to act like that for ratings......i was really excited when they first advertised that show, to be able to see car's built by boyd. After the first few shows, the shop guy with the bald head is the one that i would fire, he is a freaking baby........but i think this is the kinda stuff that the network want's people talkin about.....it is all about ratings, i bet bluebear is working in a different area of boyd's business for now.........
another show i use to look forward too was OVERHAULIN with chip foose, but that has gotten out of control too......all of his talent is now being used on people with lot's of money already. The idea behind helpin someone get a dream car that works there ass off, but yet, just can't get ahead. I thought that was awesome, but who am i anyways......i have not got near the talent to really judge the show, nor do i have the money to even be able to afford to build a car like the stuff chip does, i just wish they would stay real and build car's for people that seem to deserve it........i found a while back that my daughter had tryed to get my twinturbo'd mustang overhauled, and it was denied, not quite chip's thing i guess. I can't afford to really do much like what i see done on his show, but hopefully one day, i will have a car that makes people smile everytime they see it.
That is what i do when i come to this site and see your guy's car's.....makes me smile.........then networks should do a show on the car's you guy's build.........i think that would be kewl as hell...........

just ramblin, sorry................hotwheels of turborides

MarkM66
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
I agree, Overhaulin is horrible now. I can't watch it anymore. :(

They could of at least stuck to overhauling peoples car, who couldn't do, or afford to have done themselves. F- Lance Armstrong. :mad:

MaxHarvard
12-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Overhaulin is pissing me off, apparently only "insiders" are getting their cars done... this was from the lady who owned the olds 442, that broke down and the show turned their backs on them.

I am starting to get sick of the priveledged always getting "perks"

hotwheels
12-06-2004, 08:52 PM
shoot, i thought it was just me seein the bad side of these shows......if i had the talent to do car's like they can, and was offered the chance to do a show. It would be in my contract that we stick to the car's only, If it is building car's for peope that can't, then that's the show. If i was building cars like boyd CAN, that would be the show. None of the drama, just the car's and what it takes to build something so beautiful..........hotwheels of turborides

BC69
12-06-2004, 08:55 PM
hotwheels...
I bet everyone of us agrees with you on how it should be. But sadly the majority of viewers would rather see drama, want to see Bluebear be a moron, and Boyd say oops on these expensive client cars.
Just look at American Chopper, I used to watch it alot when it first came out, but now its alot less building and alot more drama. It sucks to hear OverHaulin turned their backs on someone, I really enjoy the stories for some of those people, and can relate...but the producers care about viewers and money. What can ya do?

Tim

hotwheels
12-06-2004, 09:01 PM
true that.........i guess my only thing is, and my mom always told me they won't feed my family, is my moral's..........if they came to me to do a show, it would be about my car's, or what ever, and that's it........or i would just continue on with what i have..........just me though......hotwheels

Ummgawa
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
If there is an outside chance that Overhaulin is rigged, I'll never watch it again. Just say the word.

61Bubbletop
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Not only did Lance get his GTO, but OCC built a chopper and gave that to him as well....The guy is quite an athlete (if you believe that biking is sport), and I applaud him beating cancer, but I have to agree that he is probably the last person who needs things like this "given" to him....especially with Sheryls checkbook in the house as well....

harshman
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I’ve got a friend that pulled one or two cars from Boyd's shop because of this drama BS and them draggin their feet. If I remember right, the car was there for 8 months or so and nothing happened to it.

BC69
12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
harshman,
Yeah when your watching, and they spend all this time on certain cars, you can just see like 5 or 6 cars sitting there in mid body work, and theres obviously no one left to work on them. Somehow I wonder how his shop makes money from this show.

Timmy

rwhite692
12-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I just can't watch any of these shows anymore, I delete them from TiVo without watching them probably 90 percent of the time. The producers of these shows are running out of ideas to get people to tune in, hence going for the outright ridiculous, staged-drama crap at Boyds (it won't be long until the few key guys with real talent at Boyds realize that the Boyd name is (again) tarnishing rapidly because of all this half-staged nonsense, and they will leave, before it rubs off too much on them.)...Boyd, come to your senses before it's all over (or...are you just planning to go down in flames?)

Makes me want to sell the Boyd wheels off my car.

The Lance thing is the same deal, get some big names to get people to watch. How can anyone get even the least bit emotional about her surprizing him with a resto'd goat? Yawn. Just go buy him a done-one, honey. And pick up a McLaren F1 to park in the living room while you're at it.

....What happened to surprizing the guy with four kids who works 90+ hours a week in a chemical waste plant, with a restored car that he's held onto since he was in high school?

We are seeing the beginning of the end of the infatuation that the general (non-car-people) public has been having with anything with wheels and drama on TV. Don't worry, it will all be over soon.

hotwheels
12-07-2004, 09:30 PM
i totally agree.........the beginning of the end for most of the car and bike tv shows........yup.........hotwheels

slck6t9
12-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Well after watching Rides tonight I finally know why Charlie the painter left. He and his whole paint crew from Boyds shop now work for Chip Foose. I guess the whole Boyd drama finally got to them. Pretty soon it will just be Boyd and Dwayne. I would much rather work for Foose.

Scott

Ummgawa
12-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Yea, and Dwayne needs a new cuss word.

MaxHarvard
12-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Well after watching Rides tonight I finally know why Charlie the painter left. He and his whole paint crew from Boyds shop now work for Chip Foose. I guess the whole Boyd drama finally got to them. Pretty soon it will just be Boyd and Dwayne. I would much rather work for Foose.

Scott

Same here, i've never met foose, but he seems like a decent guy to work with.

hotwheels
12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
yup, seems super nice...........good to see he is a family man too.........hotwheels