PDA

View Full Version : few pics of my chevelle.

slownova
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
well i decided to take my car to a local show and people were in awe of it. there isn't to much of this stuff in nebraska but anyway here are some pics. :willy:
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_2/DSCF0099.sized.jpg
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_2/DSCF0096.sized.jpg
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_2/DSCF0095.sized.jpg
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_2/DSCF0097.sized.jpg

still have a few things to do. yes those are 19s and 22s in case you forgot. im going to re-do some of the interior then go on to my 68 firebird. tell my your honest opinions, i like them good and bad.

zbugger
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
While I still think that it would look better with 20's in the back, I still think it looks great. I wanna do something similar with the trunk of my car. I just have to figure out how to do it is all.....

slownova
05-16-2005, 09:10 PM
its not a simple thing to just do. no offence but its not a overnight succuess story. its alot of wood, bondo, and fiberglass :) don't you have a camaro? this is a camaro the guy that did my stuff just finished....
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_1/DSCF0023.sized.jpg
its 4 diffrent removable peices. i'lll try to find some pics of the dash to if your interested. its totally bad ass.

Red73
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Great looking car. You guys are giving me more ideas for mine. Rod

907rs
05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Still looking good! Did you win this one?

Al Moreno
05-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I love it, can you post a better pic of the consule? :thumbsup:

slownova
05-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Still looking good! Did you win this one?
funny you ask, i chose not to get judged at this event. it wasn't really fair to the others that where there.

slownova
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I love it, can you post a better pic of the consule? :thumbsup:
its just a stock smoothed concole with a insert made out of plastic to match the stock with a clock molded into the top of it. i'll look for pics shortly.

XcYZ
05-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Although I personally don't care for the 22's, there's no denying that's a bitchin car! :thumbsup:

Musclerodz
05-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I like your Chevelle alot. My only real critique is the dash looks too plain for the rest of the car, spice it up! I think it would go in my garage quite nicely!

Mike

slownova
05-16-2005, 11:13 PM
I like your Chevelle alot. My only real critique is the dash looks too plain for the rest of the car, spice it up! I think it would go in my garage quite nicely!

Mike
all the gauges molded into that instert with a shift light between the 2 big gauges, a 7in tv and the stereo molded under the dash is to plain? lol. the dash is one of the most wildest things on the car. :willy: what should i do diffrent though?

Raige
05-16-2005, 11:28 PM
You guys are making me drool !! great work I love to see the old cars new again ...... There will never be a replacment for them no matter what detroit thinks... great work

Musclerodz
05-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Details, details. Maybe paint fire on it like the valve covers and other little touches you have done. It doesn't have to be much, just something simple. I agree a wild piece, just needs some dress up IMO. With that said, I am only looking at pics. If I saw the car in person, I might have a different opinion. Maybe it is the white guages that stand out, I don't know. :willy:

Mike

zbugger
05-17-2005, 01:04 AM
its not a simple thing to just do......... i'lll try to find some pics of the dash to if your interested. its totally bad ass.
Post them pics up of the dash!!! As for the trunk, I'm thinking of carpeting the bottom and using cloth of some sort on the panels. Mine's not gonna be anywhere near show, but I want it nice. And I do know what it takes. What I meant by having to figure out how to do it was layout. I'm debating how to set up the amp and the subs..... I'm still not sure. Hell, I gotta get the motor back in it. Why worry about the trunk now? :willy:

ViperBlue68
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Post them pics up of the dash!!! As for the trunk, I'm thinking of carpeting the bottom and using cloth of some sort on the panels. Mine's not gonna be anywhere near show, but I want it nice. And I do know what it takes. What I meant by having to figure out how to do it was layout. I'm debating how to set up the amp and the subs..... I'm still not sure. Hell, I gotta get the motor back in it. Why worry about the trunk now? :willy:

Allen,

Sounds like my trunk with the carpet on the bottom and material on the sides click my link for some pics..I suck at this posting crap....

Steve Chryssos
05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
I think it looks great. It very clearly shows that a lot of talent and effort went into the build.

Ricochet
05-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm kind of like Scott. 22's normally don't really do it for me..But you pulled it off. They look great & the thing sits killer!! Excellent detail & workmanship!!

radrambler
05-17-2005, 07:23 PM
looks great

whats up with you guys here ..... :hail: RESPECT THE WORK
the whole car looks very well done.......we would all change something about someone elses car .....RIGHT?......

hell, im building a rambler .....who do i know will like it? ME !!!! ..... i dont see them anywhere ..im sure someone probably will have something to say about something ive done that they may not like ....if ya dont have something nice to say...... SAY NOTHING...

we dont build them to get every single person to like everything on them ....we build them the way we want because we all have our OWN IDEAS!!!!!!...if we all built the same car this hobby would suck

WOULDNT CHANGE A DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a kick ass effort...you busted ass to get the car done ....
HIGH QUALITY !!!!!

KICK ASS RIDE !!!!!

radrambler

907rs
05-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Tom, no one was picking the car apart. Slownova asked for honest opinions about his car, weather they be good or bad, and thats just what he's receiving! :D

I'm with you all the way when it comes to critiquing others rides though. If I have nothing good to say, I say nothing!

907rs
05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh, I almost forgot...... I might go with a smaller diameter rim on the rear.(If it were me)

radrambler
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Tom, no one was picking the car apart. Slownova asked for honest opinions about his car, weather they be good or bad, and thats just what he's receiving! :D

I'm with you all the way when it comes to critiquing others rides though. If I have nothing good to say, I say nothing!

i just thought some were being a little to picky .....i think its more of a opinion thing.... ya know everybody likes something based on there own taste....the quality of the work looks great..... thats what i usually look at when checking out another guys ride........

its all good
radrambler

slownova
05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
yea man i asked for imput and thats what they gave me, thanks everyone. as far as the rims... i had everything measured out for a 18-20 combo but last min switched it to the 19s and 22s. don't ask why, i guess my quest to have one of the badest chevelles needed big rims. im not changing anything about the car, just the door panels. thanks everyone and keep the imput comming good or bad. :willy:

slownova
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
few more pics for you all. if you didn't see my chain of pics before this car was built on a very tight time scedule. basictly 3 months. also it was built by 3 20 year old kids, me being one. also i was sponcered by RonsRaceShop, so i guess that would explain some of the car.
http://wedeking.org/gallery/albums/extreme_day_2/DSCF0093.sized.jpg
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL539/2669873/5329820/90999560.jpg
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL539/2669873/5329820/90999378.jpg
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL539/2669873/5329820/90999436.jpg

customcam
05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
great stance color and wheel combo!! :thumbsup: love th eengine bay!
are they 30 series tyres all round? :thumbsup:

slownova
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
45 in the front and 30 in the rear.

wickedmotorhead
05-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Once again looks sick! Whats with the brick in front of the pass tire in that one pic?

customcam
05-18-2005, 03:36 AM
did some1 mention pics of the orange camaro SNova? lol :D
Are they Intro Wheels on the chevelle? :yes:

69rs
05-18-2005, 06:34 AM
Looks great! Love the flames! :thumbsup:

XcYZ
05-18-2005, 07:34 AM
i asked for input and thats what they gave me, thanks everyone. as far as the rims... i had everything measured out for a 18-20 combo but last min switched it to the 19s and 22s. don't ask why, i guess my quest to have one of the badest chevelles needed big rims. im not changing anything about the car, just the door panels. thanks everyone and keep the imput comming good or bad.

You guys kicked serious ass on that car. Impressive. :thumbsup:

tndude
05-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Oh, I almost forgot...... I might go with a smaller diameter rim on the rear.(If it were me)

Just to add to the request of opinions, I agree with 907rs on the rear wheels. But I'll have to say regardless, the car is bad! I'm not a fan of wheels that large but it is perfect none the less because you like it and thats all that matters. You should be proud.... :yes:

93Polo
05-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Very :cool: Your Chevelle is almost the same color as my 70.

Who did your dash? :thumbsup:

Datsbad
05-19-2005, 07:15 PM
this is by far one of the best looking chevelles i have seen . great job! i love the 22's and 19's . good job going out on a limb with that . before you know it there will be alot more 22's showing up .

again great work .

and change that $10 chrome radiator hold down , only thing i did not like

USAZR1
05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Your Chevelle turned out great,Slow. You really nailed it with those 20's and 22's,,a very impressive feat. :thumbsup:

trapin
05-20-2005, 08:47 AM
The wheels are a bit big......but I still got wood. :D

Awesome ride....I love the flames.

slownova
05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
this is by far one of the best looking chevelles i have seen . great job! i love the 22's and 19's . good job going out on a limb with that . before you know it there will be alot more 22's showing up .

again great work .

and change that $10 chrome radiator hold down , only thing i did not like
don't worry, i got a aluminum radiator now and getting stock hold down painted green.

groovyjay
05-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Those 22"s look absolutely fantastic! Beautiful car overall! :hail:

TravisB
05-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Troy has been being 19's and 22'on alot of his stuff it takes extra work to get there and make them look right but when done properly it looks great nice work! The only thing I would change is the real fire not that it os overdone or looks tacky I just think it will come and go very quickly thats all but then what do I know! the car looks great excellent job!

69-572
06-17-2005, 04:11 PM
That is one of the slickest rides I have ever laid eyes on. Let us know when you go to a big show...I live in Missouri and would drive up there to see it in person. Great job!

slownova
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
That is one of the slickest rides I have ever laid eyes on. Let us know when you go to a big show...I live in Missouri and would drive up there to see it in person. Great job!
thanks alot man, where do you live in missuri? im re-doing the door panels right now to fit the car more. im not sure which big show i want to hit first. im planing on goodguys in des monies and KC though.

Ummgawa
06-18-2005, 04:10 PM
The wheels are a bit big......but I still got wood. :D

Awesome ride....I love the flames.

LOL!! Wood burns

Derek69SS
06-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Not my style, but I definitely can appreciate the workmanship. :yes:

My style is a little more subtle (stock interior, no TVs, no big stereo system, and 17-18" max. wheels) but you managed to pull it all together pretty tastefully.

As long as there's some "go" to go along with all that "show", I like it :) :unibrow:

TravisB
06-21-2005, 10:58 AM
thanks alot man, where do you live in missuri? im re-doing the door panels right now to fit the car more. im not sure which big show i want to hit first. im planing on goodguys in des monies and KC though.

We will be at Des moines and KC, hope to see you there I would like to see the car in person!

69-572
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I live about 30 miles from Columbia, MO..pretty much right in between St.Louis and K.C. I'm going to try to make Goodguys, and possibly some others. Hope to see you there!

MarkM66
06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Car looks great! Do you have any before pics?

69-572, I live about 40 miles west of St. Louis.