PDA

View Full Version : 4l60e with carbed sbc?

skatinjay27
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
hey i would really like to put the paddle shifters on my car that has a carbed sbc 383 and th350 i know i need a electronic trans like the 4l60e or the 4l80e
but i was wondering if they can be matted to a sbc and how and where do i get the parts i need.also would one of those trannys fit easily into a 2nd gen??? thanks

race-rodz
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
yes, and talk to steevo @ twist machine

Steve Chryssos
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks Chris.

You will need a transmission controller and a throttle position sensor kit. Those are mandatory. The TPS kit will tell your transmission how much load is being applied by the engine. You will need to move the trans crosssmember rearward which is usually just a drill job. You should have plenty of room in the tunnel. Get a couple of Russell trans cooler line fitting part number 612000 to gain a little clearance for the cooler lines.

Separately, the TCI computer, TPS kit and paddle shifter sell for $1457. I offfer a package deal for $1299. Fuel injected stuff is cheaper. Installation and setup is very easy. Feel free to call or email and I will be glad to answer any questions.