PDA

View Full Version : Those with fiberglass hoods...

kman67rsss
05-15-2005, 05:08 PM
I have a 4" cowl induction hood from harwood on my 67 camaro. i got the springs that harwood reccomends and they dont hold the hood up worth a damn. does anyone else have this problem? if so how did you solve it? i have the stock springs that are new but dont want to risk breaking a freshley painted hood. thanks for the help

pushrod243
05-16-2005, 07:05 PM
ya mine stink too. I thought about pinning the hinges so it dont fall on my head but i just use a prop rod right now.

Kris Horton
05-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I got my 4" glass hood from Glasstek. Great fit on the hood by the way. :thumbsup: Their low tension springs hold up our hood fine and a 71 Chevelle has a bigger hood than a first-gen Camaro I'm sure. Check with them maybe.

www.glasstek.com. Tell them I sent you, they're a sponsor of mine, see if they remember me. :D

Kris

Ricochet
05-17-2005, 09:36 AM
I have a 4" cowl induction hood from harwood on my 67 camaro. i got the springs that harwood reccomends and they dont hold the hood up worth a damn. does anyone else have this problem? if so how did you solve it? i have the stock springs that are new but dont want to risk breaking a freshley painted hood. thanks for the help

Do not use the stock springs!! You will damage or break the hood!! I would look around at different company's to see what they offer. Have you talked to Harwood about this?? They should stand behind them & take care of it one way or another.

XcYZ
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
If it were me, I wouldn't use any springs. I liked how the Thrasher and Mule (when it had a 'glass hood) had wire tie's that slipped over the hinge point. Maybe Jody or Charley have a picture. It's so simple and slick, definitely the way I'd go if I had a 'glass hood.