Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM

Great looking Truck, I saw I lot of trucks at Ohio Goodguys and now thats another build to ad to the list.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:53 PM

Great looking truck!!! LOVE those models especially with the stepside/ short box!

One question tough, i see you have 2 other projects to build ( read: kids ) have they made their choice on any particular models?? Lol!!!

Talk about a great excuse to build more cars!! Albeith i have 3 girls...i'm sure i can manage to get something out of this now that you got me thinking...

Keep the good work up!!

Lead.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 PM

Thanks Guys!

The next kid in line is already thinking of something to build. He goes back and forth between a new body style truck or a second gen Camaro. He is only 12. We won't get serious till he is about 14. Gives us time to look for something cool for him.

My last one is a girl and only 10. She is not thinking of cars yet, but she will. Most likely we will buy something for her, so does not like this whole building thing...

1965 Chevrolet C10
1982 Chevrolet C10 - My son's Truck - Sunburn
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Karl,

It's great to hear you are getting to do this. I did a father and son project. Finished up last year. I dont regret any of it.

David
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM

just a lieel update on what's going on with this one. I got to drive it to work a few weeks ago and let me say it is a fun little ride. It still has a few quirks we are working out, but over all we are happy with the results so far.

Last week the trans quit shifting into 3rd gear on Korbin. He was moving down the road up to our house and the truck would not go up one of the hills. He managed to get it home and found out the fluid was low. He added some to top it off, but it did not help. Last Friday, I took it out for a drive. Under 1/2 throttle or more it shifts fine all the way thru 4th gear. But, under light throttle it only goes thru 1st & 2nd, when it trys to go in to 3rd, it just free spins. Today, the trans shop looked at it as claims the 3-4 clutches are burned up. We will bring it home and look at it a bit closer before going to a full rebuild. I need to set up the OBD port and hook up a diagnostic tool to make sure it is not a sensor or something before we go much further....

1965 Chevrolet C10
Old 08-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Great Looking Truck guys! Love the father son builds. Keep up the awesome work and updates
Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Good Looking Ride!.. quite the build. Way to get him hooked on the motor head scene. He'll always appreciate it!.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 PM

Nice stance. Color looks great as well. Glad it's coming together nicely for you guys. Good luck overcoming those hiccups that always seem to be present in builds.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 11-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Well since my last post, we chaged the name of the truck from Red Rover to Sunburn. Korbin's Aunt gave him a personalized plate for his birthday and that ended up being what he chose since we could not get any variation of Red Rover to work since they were all taken. Since the show in July, Korbin was able to drive it a bit before the trans went out. The way I did the trans cooler set up was not the best way and combine that with a higher stall convertor, well let's just say that did not work out well for us.

Got another rebuilt trans with a warranty and a new convertor with less stall speed and added an additional cooler to the set up. Much better combination and the truck ran better too. Korbin was able to drive it to school some and then we had another set back. This time the brand new convertor ate up the clutch material inside it and that stuff plugged up the hole works inside the trans.

So the the truck has now sat since Mid September.
We got the trans out and its going back to the trans guy this week. This is only the second convertor he has had bo bad and is really pissed because the damaged it caused to the trans.

While it is down, we are going to fix some of the small issues that we noticed once it was running and driving it for a short time.

1965 Chevrolet C10
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM

Karl sorry to hear about the trouble with the trans. You and Korbin did an amazing job on the truck it came out great. I hope it goes back together soon so he can enjoy it again.