Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2016, 12:07 AM

Default OUSCI '84 Cutlass "Determination"

Hi Guys...been a long while since I've been on this site. Between work, school (went back to school a year ago to pursue my PhD) and family (second child on the way) there isn't too much time for cars these days. Over the last few years this car has gone back and forth from all out drag car to street car to the for sale block! Finally, I figured out what I really want to do...I've never really done any road course events but have a great track close to me. Now while I don't have the pockets that some of these pro-touring folks have, I do have patience and time to find exactly what I am looking for. I want to ultimately find my way to the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational with this pig. Even if I don't make it there at least I will have had the chance to get this car back on the road and even better the track! And as a metaphor for my life right now, just like my PhD that could conceivably take me 10 years to get, this car has been down for almost ten years since drag duty and seeing daylight! Since most guys name their builds, I call mine "Determination"...

This intro post is just here to wet the whistle while I get my build pics together, so with that in mind....

Trying to make Millville, NJ race in May but that is really close to when my son is supposed to be born. Stay tuned and watch the hilarity unfold!

Last edited by BanditDave; 02-09-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sounds fun! Good luck, Dave.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 03-01-2016, 05:31 AM

All right! FINALLY have an update for you guys! I bought a bunch of new parts for her last night, but wanted to give a little better overview of what I already have.

Here's some shots of the Hooker Headers - 1 7/8" stainless primaries:

I also purchased the full Holley engine and trans mounting system with polyurethane mounts (converter is a RevMax 2800-3000 stall):

Also have the right Holley Oil Pan and race baffle to go with it (will be selling the twin turbo pan I have on the motor currently):

Also picked up an Aeromotive 15 gal A1500 fuel cell with fuel level sensor and internal baffling:

Like I mentioned earlier a picked up a ton of extra things like a boost-referenced Aeromotive regulator, Holley 95mm Cable throttle body, throttle body adapter from Holley, gaskets, as well as PSI Conversion harness and a ton more!!! I will highlight what I did to the motor in another post because there is so much to show and talk about, but here are some pics from today...the first time this car has been out of the garage in EIGHT years!!!!!

A ridiculous amount more to come!!! Thanks!

Dave
Old 03-01-2016, 06:01 AM

Right on, another G-Body on board! Looks like you have plenty going on under the hood to make it go, what are your plans to make it handle and stop?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Right on, another G-Body on board! Looks like you have plenty going on under the hood to make it go, what are your plans to make it handle and stop?
Right now the plan is either full sc&c package with ATS and Baers or full UMI suspension with Baers. Dealt with big companies and both are great people. With another baby on the way I am pinching where I can which is an oxymoron with this hobby. I am leaning toward level 3.5 UMI because I can get a smoking deal on that as well as the brakes.

I am 45 minutes away from New Jersey motorsports park where the OUSCI competition will be held but I am concerned I just won't make it this year because of budget and life.

I may get it running as is for now so that I can hit a few car shows this season then update over the winter.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:09 PM

Christmas.......in March!!! Got a nice delivery today of parts and drug them inside before the boss saw them. Battles must be chosen wisely!

Starting with the box from PSI Conversion, I received the following:

Harness
PCM mount for the 411 style PCM
"Tune up" kit that has MSD wires, plugs, O2 sensors, etc...
Transmission kick down switch

Chain tensioner:

Also got a new adapter plate for the monster 95mm throttle body and the throttle body as well...95mm!

Aeromotive boost referenced regulator

Yates EFI Allstar radiator

Should start getting things on the car and motor within the next few weeks!!!