Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Sparco flash 5 and Shrifter

Just got my flash 5 with polished center. Should I get the Shrifter polished or satin ?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:56 PM

And by the way this feels sooooooooooo good in my hands.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Vin,
75% of all Shrifters are sold brushed. Since they are exposed to heavy physical contact, scratches and swirls are inevitable. The brushed finish can be easily touched up with some scotchbrite. It's not so easy to remove swirls and scrathes from polished units without making a mess. I caution everyone at the time of purchase and 25% choose polished anyway. Paddles, in particular, are subject to fingerprints, swirls and scratches.

If you're on the fence, I have a polished unit that is in perfect condition except that the hub was accidentlly machined in such a way that the transmisster is on top--at the 12 o clock position instead of on bottom at the six o clock position. Other than this oddity--which actually looks cool--the unit is in perfect condition and priced $100 off. $475 instead of $575. It's a one of a kind piece that's looking for the right home. Supplied with polished Stealth paddles. If you receive it and decide that you prefer brushed, just hit it with some red scotchbrite.

100% satisfaction guaranteed warranty still applies. Excellent choice of steering wheels.

Ridetech.com
Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 PM

Steve my daughter bought a brushed one from you as a present that I don't know about. I will recive it on friday and will keep the brushed Shrifter. Thanks for your input. I will call next week for the wheel adapter. Again thanks. Vin
Old 09-22-2007, 01:00 AM

sorry for the highjack . but steve i was reading your faqs and didnt really understand the last driving answer. will the tci controller let me drive the car in full auto and full manual when i want. is there a button or do i need to put in a shifter like the ones in factory manumatic cars? also am i getting this right the tci when in the paddle mode wont shift for me as opposed other controller you spoke of will? which controller o you prefer and why? thanks steve sorry for all the Q's

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatinjay27
sorry for the highjack . but steve i was reading your faqs and didnt really understand the last driving answer. will the tci controller let me drive the car in full auto and full manual when i want. is there a button or do i need to put in a shifter like the ones in factory manumatic cars? also am i getting this right the tci when in the paddle mode wont shift for me as opposed other controller you spoke of will? which controller o you prefer and why? thanks steve sorry for all the Q's
An included toggle switch allows you to switch between auto mode and manual mode. With all of the controllers, you MUST have a rev limiter--just like a manual. The only exception is that the TCI controller will automatically reset to 1st gear if you come to a complete stop. Otherwise, manual is manual.

The PCS controller, on the other hand, has two manual modes: Simple and True Manual. True manual is just as its name suggests--it will not shift for you under any circumstances. Simple manual will override if it feels you are making a mistake. I never ever use simple manual as I feel it is too intrusive.

I recommend controllers on a case by case basis. The TCI is easier to install and setup--and I really like that 1st gear restart feature. The PCs controller is very sophisticated and therefore harder to install and setup. But it offers more comprehensive tuning control. It lacks the cool 1st gear restart feature. It also costs more. It boils down to easy (TCI) or comprehensive (PCS).

Ridetech.com
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVin
Steve my daughter bought a brushed one from you as a present that I don't know about. I will recive it on friday and will keep the brushed Shrifter. Thanks for your input. I will call next week for the wheel adapter. Again thanks. Vin
Ah.. Excellent. Thank you. You will appreciate the brushed finish when you find a scratch. Looking forward to talking next week.

Ridetech.com