Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Default New Camaro project...needs a name

This is going to be the start of a long running project that Mike(86transam) and myself are just starting on for his 23 year old nephew who is now currently stationed in Iraq serving his country. Jason has been after Mike for awhile to build a project after his first trip to the Car Craft Nationals. He has a Mustang as his daily driver and we didn't what to mess that up, so Mike came across an 83 Camaro just down the street from his place with no motor or trans, the perfect platform for a strong project.So a couple weeks ago we towed back to Mikes to start the project and gather parts, this week was picking up the heart which is a big block 454 that Jason wants to stroke out. And this week Mike stripped out the engine bay for trial fit and paint. I'll be doing the paint and body work to the car. This will be a longer than usual project because Jason wants to get hands on in the project when he get back home, but unfortunately he won't be back till October, so from now till then it will be parts gathering on Mikes and mine behalf for him. We would love to have done for him when he gets home but would hate to dissapoint him, it's pretty much all he talks about when he calls Mike,which lately is almost daily Anyway here are a few pics of where we are so far except a good overall pic of the car which I'll get later.

As you all can see this is just the start.

My projects

1965 Ford Galaxie Big Block and 4Doors Project HULK
1966 Ford Galaxie 2 Door Sedan Project unnamed 4.6L Crown Vic runnig gear
Old 03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 3rd Gen

Cool, glad to see another Third-Gen Camaro being done. Other than the engine you mentioned, what are your plans for it? Looking forward to seeing the progress.

1989 Camaro RS
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM

well lets see.a quick run down on what Jason wants.he wants the Camaro the exact same color as his Mustang which is a metalic red,the 454 will be machined and stroked to 496,for a trans he was really leaning towards a 6 speed.the int will be black,the buckets seats will be a diff type of racing buckets seats so a harness can be used,he wants to have crome dipped stock looking wheels.we will have to get a diff hood as well since the big block will sit higher than the original sbc.Jason really wants to be able to drive this car to Car Craft and go to other car shows as well.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM

project "jar-head"
Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 PM

What branch of the military is he in and also what style of car does he like ie streetrod, prostreet, pro touring. Just to give us something to go on. Very cool you are doing this for him I wish somebody would do that for me.

72 Chevy Nova in pieces trying to rebulid this bucket of bolts (really just a labor of love)

Crew Chief's: Helping pilots get laid since 1947
Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Jason is in the Army.what he is primarily looking for is something along the lines of a street rod/pro-touring.maybe someday after his car is up and running and he is out of the army we would go drive the Power Tour.this car is def a good thing for a guy like him over there.this project def gives him something to really look forward to when he comes home for a month in October.this will be his very first time doing any car project like this at all for him.he REALLY wants to be involved in the actuall reassembly of the car, so Daryl and I have to be patient and not get ahead of ourselves lol.I have the engine block all stripped of parts except the main caps,I put those back on.the heads,well the only thing I took off the heads were the rockers,other than that I will let the machine shop dissasemble those.I can def see why the 781 heads are so desirable.those intake ports are friggin huge lol
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM

As Mike said it'll be a cross of street rod/pro-touring, it may change once Jason starts to drive it, this is his first car other than the Mustang he drives now but thats just a stock car. Here are a couple more pics of the car, one of Jason ( the owner) and a pic of a car similar to what he wants less the hood, wing on the back and will have a set of ralley stripes.

My projects

1965 Ford Galaxie Big Block and 4Doors Project HULK
1966 Ford Galaxie 2 Door Sedan Project unnamed 4.6L Crown Vic runnig gear
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM

The 3rd Gen Camaro are over look big time you have good start.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 PM

Cool

project ''BIG GUNN''
Old 03-10-2009, 12:06 AM

Semper Ieiunium

Semper = Always
Ieiunium = Lean, hungry and fast.