Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar Chief View Post
3400 lumens to be exact!!!!
Nice! Who is this lamp from? One of my riding buddies has a 650R and has been complaining about his headlight.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 PM

I measured my driver's side quarter and I get a consistent 5/8" all the way from the front to the back. That's with taking a tape measure and measuring to where the outside of the quarter starts to make the bend. If you want to keep that quarter, then I'd slice it right down the middle from front to rear and make it a consistent measurement, matching your factory quarter width.

As for the door jamb, what build date is your car? I know that my quarters are NOS 67 coupe quarters, but they are later build quarters. It's my understanding that the 67's had the full telephone receiver in the early run, but that switched to what the reproduction has later in the build year. My NOS quarters have the same jamb stamping as your reproduction. My original quarters looked just like your original quarters, so I wouldn't stress much on the difference in the stampings there.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chassisworks View Post
Nice! Who is this lamp from? One of my riding buddies has a 650R and has been complaining about his headlight.
Carl ... this is a Baja Designs Squadron Led Race light, read not DOT. I will ride on the street until someone stops me, I would rather be seen than pulled out in front of, been there twice now.... not fun!

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoshark View Post
I measured my driver's side quarter and I get a consistent 5/8" all the way from the front to the back. That's with taking a tape measure and measuring to where the outside of the quarter starts to make the bend. If you want to keep that quarter, then I'd slice it right down the middle from front to rear and make it a consistent measurement, matching your factory quarter width.

As for the door jamb, what build date is your car? I know that my quarters are NOS 67 coupe quarters, but they are later build quarters. It's my understanding that the 67's had the full telephone receiver in the early run, but that switched to what the reproduction has later in the build year. My NOS quarters have the same jamb stamping as your reproduction. My original quarters looked just like your original quarters, so I wouldn't stress much on the difference in the stampings there.
Jeremy ... I measured my NOS quarter and I get a consistent 5/8" also, this AMD starts just at 5/8" and tapers to 3/8" back by the window, that's crap stamping. The other option is to keep my window lip and cut in the AMD under that .... what APITA!

Did you look at my ImageShack page at the other spot that is messed up? Top of the door jamb where the windlace meets, think forward weather strip for the quarter glass just below the window channel????? Messed up!!!!!

My Camaro is an early Jan 67 so that would make sense with the stamp shape on the jamb, didn't know there was a difference, thanks.

I haven't even got to the trunk area yet, or the tail pan ..... waiting on the AMD rep to come and look at this quarter!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Carl ... this is a Baja Designs Squadron Led Race light, read not DOT. I will ride on the street until someone stops me, I would rather be seen than pulled out in front of, been there twice now.... not fun!
Thanks! I saw it was a Baja Designs enclosure but wasn't sure if they made the lamp too. We can get away with a fair amount on the dual sports in California. As long as you don't ride like an idiot in town, that is.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Jeremy ... I measured my NOS quarter and I get a consistent 5/8" also, this AMD starts just at 5/8" and tapers to 3/8" back by the window, that's crap stamping. The other option is to keep my window lip and cut in the AMD under that .... what APITA!

Did you look at my ImageShack page at the other spot that is messed up? Top of the door jamb where the windlace meets, think forward weather strip for the quarter glass just below the window channel????? Messed up!!!!!

My Camaro is an early Jan 67 so that would make sense with the stamp shape on the jamb, didn't know there was a difference, thanks.

I haven't even got to the trunk area yet, or the tail pan ..... waiting on the AMD rep to come and look at this quarter!
I see a little bit of metal missing in the jamb where the windlace meets, but other than that, I don't really see anything wrong with the AMD quarter there. I'm not there to see them in person, so its difficult to tell. I'm aware of the problems with the quarters not fitting well in the trunk channel and around the tail panel, but don't recall ever hearing anything about poor fitment in the door jamb area.

It's good you have an AMD rep in your area that can come by there and check out the problems in person. Hopefully, they will get your problems taken care of.

With my experience, nothing fits the car like the original part did. That's even with NOS parts. I've had to modify every panel on my car to get a better fitment and that even includes the original panels I removed from the car!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 AM

Unhappy The answer is

they are all like that!!! AMD says the 67 quarters in house have the same taper in them as the one I have here Great .... you'd think someone would QA the stampings every now and then, say every 50 quarter panels?

Has anyone had better luck with another vendors quarter panels for a 67 Camaro?

Please chime in ....

Old 10-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Maybe search or ask around on Team Camaros about different brand quarters fitment. Getting technical questions answered here seems to be hit-or-miss.

I would be more inclined to fix the problem with the AMD quarter you have, but that's just me
Old 10-30-2013, 04:51 PM

I think you will find there are issues with almost every repo quarter out there... I guess it is the nature of the beast when dealing with these Taiwan stamped out parts. Kind of a pick your poison, for it seems that you may find a quarter that fits a certain area better, but then is worse in another!

I know I didn't like my driver side quarter panel fitment... until I ordered another one and that one made the first one look great!

Jarrod
My Build:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32878
Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoshark View Post
Maybe search or ask around on Team Camaros about different brand quarters fitment. Getting technical questions answered here seems to be hit-or-miss.

I would be more inclined to fix the problem with the AMD quarter you have, but that's just me
I won't bother with them. I know that is the correct answer also ... just makes me angry that the industry can get away with stamping crap or I can do without!

I'll make due ... just another delay with aftermarket parts fitting like crap

What happened to a company taking pride in their quality parts? You call AMD and listen to them brag about how their 67-69 quarter panels fitting better than anyone other company .... it's their hold message