Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 AM

Not bad Karl, there was some good drivers in sorted cars at that event, so placing that well is very impressive.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM

I just back late last nite from the Mid-West.. I had a blast up their.. I meet a bunch of great people & had alot of action racing with BB.. Karl even let me take it out on the road course! That was the one last place I had not driven the car..

We got the car working good... The last things we did too it with the Pilot SS & 18x10.50 front wheels made the car grip much better on the front.. All I had to adjust this weekend was air pressures & rear sway bar..

Last edited by Cris@JCG; 05-29-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM

Cris,

Which Sparco seats did you use in this car? I tried searching, but didn't see the model anywhere...

Thanx!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Ok Ron.. Let me be more specific..

It was Karls first event @ a American Street Car Series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
First of all, great job Karl and Cris....

Didn't Karl drive the car at MATS in Vegas a month or so ago?
Your welcome Karl! Now comes the fun stuff after a race.. Cleaning & detailing the car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnjun View Post
Thanks guys. I knew Cris gave me a heck of a weapon, but I wasn't expecting things to go so well this weekend, especially with all the trouble I had at MATS adjusting to the extra HP. I was still having a hard time being smooth with the throttle on the autox, and when I wasn't, the car was a real handful. I probably hit more cones this weekend, than I hit in all the events combined last year. Anyway, at least now I have a car that can keep up.
Thanks Cris!
Karl ordered the seats & had them drop shipped to the shop.. I need to get the part # from him so that I can order another set.. When I have that info I will shoot that over to you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
Cris,

Which Sparco seats did you use in this car? I tried searching, but didn't see the model anywhere...

Thanx!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Supporting Member

That video was mostly very early on the 1st day. We discovered after about 6 runs that the rear brake bias was too high. Before we got on the autox, we were on the road course, and I was have trouble with the back end trying to come around under braking, finally sliding off course at the end of the front straight. I didn't have a clue what was going on until I got to the autox, and kept feeling the back end still coming around. You can see it happening in the final chicanes before the finish line. A little is helpful, but a lot slows u down. I was telling Cris what it was doing, and he says too much rear brake, and dialed some out. We immediately got faster. When we went back out on the road course we picked up about 3 or 4 seconds.

Bryan, those are the sparco 505s. I had been thinking about going to the evo or pro 2000s, but after this weekend I'm not in any hurry to change. They really held me in place on the track and are infinitely adjustable for the street.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Bryan, those are the sparco 505s. I had been thinking about going to the evo or pro 2000s, but after this weekend I'm not in any hurry to change. They really held me in place on the track and are infinitely adjustable for the street.
Thanx Karl! I thought that might be the ones, but wasn't sure. I ran the old "Super Sport" model in my last Camaro, and I liked them except that they sat too high (with the brackets that I used).

I sure wish there was a place that I could go to sit in seats from the different manufacturers for fitting, but that's a topic for another thread...

Car looks great, congrats again!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys. I knew Cris gave me a heck of a weapon, but I wasn't expecting things to go so well this weekend, especially with all the trouble I had at MATS adjusting to the extra HP. I was still having a hard time being smooth with the throttle on the autox, and when I wasn't, the car was a real handful. I probably hit more cones this weekend, than I hit in all the events combined last year. Anyway, at least now I have a car that can keep up.
Thanks Cris!
MATS was more of a "Test and Tune" instead of something respective of the autocrosses we run nowadays and you appeared to handle that extra HP just fine!!

Congrats on the fine placings and especially happy you're enjoying your car now.

Polishing compound is gonna be your new best friend ...

Mary Pozzi
Old 05-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Ok Ron.. Let me be more specific..

It was Karls first event @ a American Street Car Series.....
Just teasing you boss. The outing was very impressive!

Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 PM

wow!

Good job guys! So was it the Car or the Driver that made it into 1st place!

Dam Cris, you must be feeling good with an outcome like that on what is essentially a "new" car! Top notch work man is paying off!

Jason
Old 05-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Thanks Jason! As Karl gets more seat time & make some more adjustments to it.. We will be able to keep up in front of the pack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMR View Post
wow!

Good job guys! So was it the Car or the Driver that made it into 1st place!

Dam Cris, you must be feeling good with an outcome like that on what is essentially a "new" car! Top notch work man is paying off!

Jason