Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 AM

Default Detroit Speed VS CAChassisWork

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on this forum and hopefully its not going to be the last .

My cousin has a 1967 Mustang coupe. It was restored couple of years a go. the car now has a 302 engine in it and almost everything is stock. it has an A/C, Power Brakes, C4 transmission.. nothing really fancy.

I am about to rebuilt his Mustang again. but this time I was thinking to make it a WOW car. Coyote 5.0 engine (thinking the supercharged one), Auto transmission (Performance Automatic's Street Smart 4R70W package or new C4). upgraded front/rear suspension..etc.

My questions are: can you guys help me choosing the following?

1) what Auto transmission work best with a supercharged Coyote?
2) what Brand of suspension should I go with? Speed Detroit? CAchassiswork? ...etc?

I am looking for Quality, Price is not important (to some extend). By Front/Rear Suspension, I mean everything up to the brakes. I will get the wheels based on the manufacturer recommended sizes. Build time is not an issue, as long as the end product will be a WOW one.

The intention is to make it as a street car with a traffic light to traffic light sort of racing. Gas mileage is not an Issue (we pay ~$1.1 per gallon of the best fuel I believe its 95 or 97 octane).

I did some research on both DSE and CAChassiswork and both of them looks great. Great info online. However, I am looking for someone experience. It is going to be my First rebuild. the only experience I have is that I built an MK4 from Factory Five Racing.

Any info or comment will be appreciated, any other brands is also welcome.
for your time

Hakeem

Last edited by Hakeem; 10-20-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added in Bold