Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Default Carolina Road Hugger - my 98 Trans Am build

With the Patriot Dream Camaro in the metal shop, I sold one of my other cars and put some money into some much needed work on my 98 Trans Am. Started out a bone stock automatic TA when I bought it 4 years ago. Over the years I installed some BMR lowering springs, Bilstein front shocks, BMR LCA relocation brackets, BMR tubular SFCs, Spintech exhaust, Pacesetter off-road longtubes with off-road y-pipe, and a Whisper lid.

A lot of things bothered me about the car, and the brakes were worn out, and the LS1 oil pump was suspect. So here I started the project.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:04 PM

So, I started out by working on some things under the hood. I relocated the hood release cable, the wires on the passenger fender, and the TCS module.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:05 PM

And then I started in on the brakes. The pads were completely worn out and the calipers were on their last legs. I beat the hell out of this car, so didn't surprise me.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 PM

And then I bought 6LiterEater Designs C5/C6 front brake kit, RotorsOnline.com rotors, The Caliper Factory front C6 calipers and rear F-body calipers, and Hawk pads.

Gonna test them out when it stops raining.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Next week I'm going to start swapping out the automatic for a 6-spd.

Tick Performance did a stage 2 rebuild on a T56 for me, and I got all the swap parts wherever I found them cheapest.

Going to run an LS6 clutch and do the drill-mod on a new master cylinder.

Also powdercoating all the pedals and frame in semigloss black and putting a set of Modo Innovations pedal covers on them.

And then after that is done and I sell the automatic swap stuff, I am going to have HRT Performance in Durham redo a set of 5.3L heads for me. I got a Professional Products Typhoon intake from them, and got a good deal on a 238/242 cam. And maybe some nitrous if I have cash left. We'll see.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Sounds like some fun and needed upgrades!!