Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-07-2024, 10:19 AM

Just a small update. I stripped out the interior and power washed the car. I think 5 lbs of dirt / mud came out of it.. I wish I thought of doing the frame as well because it has a ton of dirt on it .. but oh well.. it'll get dusty. I then pushed this tank into the garage and took the front end off to gain clear access to remove the engine. Hoping to remove the engine and transmission today and do the assessment on the engine. Check out this suspension. The upper control arm is also the shock. One thing that's good that I've noticed so far is that the engine is further back than I thought, and the front suspension is in front of the engine. I can also move it 2 more inches back before the firewall needs modification.

- Alex
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QUA-HOON! For This Useful Post:
214Chevy (04-08-2024), camcojb (04-07-2024), colorado80439 (04-08-2024), dhutton (04-07-2024), mfain (04-08-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 09:53 PM

Yanked the engine out last weekend. Wow.. the tail shaft on the automatic is long compared to modern stuff. Engine doesnt rotate and I tried every shift position on the transmission. Like it or not I have to break down the engine to at least make this two chunks instead of one. Maybe we'll see why it got parked. Put some atf on the pistons today after I pulled the heads. It's so gross with all the sludge. Guessing this is a by product of the poor filtration system on this motor. I think the crank will be the decision point for this engine.

- Alex
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to QUA-HOON! For This Useful Post:
camcojb (04-16-2024)

Tags
1949 cadillac, cadillac, fabrication, suspension