Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 AM

what a pile of ****. they want people to stop racing on the streets , just youtube street races in los angeles and you'll see what I mean. wow I cant believe they closed them down. un****en believable. what can we expect from a state that would allow an idiot like sasquatchnneeger become governor or now jerry clown.
whats next
Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppster View Post
Do you know what politician owns the land next to it? Also do you know who lives up on the hill to the west, who just built a multi-million dollar music hall downtown Kansas City? Money and politics got our drag strip shut down!
You are absolutely right!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

signed. The team I was on a few years ago races divisional and one of the races was there. This sucks. Our local track (Samoa) expanded a few years ago, it will never be a major complex but at least it is surviving. The city is on board along with the police dept to cut down the street racing.

Chris
70 Chevelle. Roadster Shop Chassis, The shop llc/ Jon Lind interior LS3/6speed. Thanks to Precision Classics and Collision Eugene, Or. http://precision-classics.com/
Build thread:https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39517
Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 PM

They magically allow the Fontana Sprint Cup race to continue. As usual, money lines the pockets of politicians and that's where it ends. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. You guys in CA better get in touch with the Occupy crowd.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 PM

California: The Land of Fruits and Nuts.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 AM

found this pretty interesting ,this guy on another website found the 110 page EIS from a couple years ago at fontana look at some of the DB readings they found !!!!

Quote:
Just for the heck of it I googled their current permit. 110 pages! Somewhat interesting reading though. The interesting data part seems to start around page 44. Interestingly the max limits for noise for the speed way are often exceeded even when there is nothing going on at the speedway. The decible contour lines are pretty interesting for the various types of dragsters. Not that I'm going to do anything about it, I should go look up what exactly what part the appeal was on.
http://www.sbcounty.gov/Uploads/lus/...toClubSEIR.pdf

This chart kinda cracked me up, they litteraly track the noise time by how many runs by how long the run is

TABLE 2-3
WEEKEND OPERATIONS (OVAL AND DRAG STRIP)
Car Type Runs/Day Time (seconds)/Run Daily Hours Annual Hours
Alcohol Dragsters 32 6 0.05 5.5
Gas Dragsters 240 15 1.00 104.0
Club Racers n/a n/a 4.00 416.0
Professional Event n/a n/a 4.00 24.0

The approved permanent permit of the drag strip in 2008. An appeal was made then but denied at the time.
Revision 9 (Relocated Dragstrip) – This revision allowed the permanent relocation and operation of the
drag strip to Parking Lot Nos. 6 and 8. No alcohol, nitromethane, jet, or rocket powered classes of
vehicles are allowed to operate unless additional documentation demonstrating compliance with the
established Speedway noise standards is submitted to and approved by the County. An Initial Study in
support of a Mitigtated Negative Declaration was prepared for this revision. The revision was approved
by the County Planning Commission on July 6, 2007. An appeal to the decision led to a revised Initial
Study, and the appeal was denied by the Board of Supervisors in December 2008.

Interesting.

Aside from Speedway operations, ambient noise levels near the Speedway are generated by railroad
activity along the northern side of the Speedway; traffic noise from nearby streets; stationary noise from
nearby commercial and industrial operations; and other non-Speedway related-events. In 1995, these
noise sources generated noise levels exceeding a maximum (Lmax) of 90 A-weighted decibels (dBA) at a
location 550 feet from the Speedway property line, prior to the construction and operation of the
Speedway. After construction of the Speedway, as monitored in 2006, these sources also generated noise
levels in excess of 110 dBA Lmax without operation of the Speedway at various locations, including
those located 550 feet and more from the Speedway property line. As will be discussed further in Section
4.2, noise monitoring results from 2006 and 2007 reported that maximum noise levels at the Speedway
oval ranged from 72 to 85 dBA and from 54 dBA to 100 dBA at the drag strip, depending on the type of
drag vehicle run (Gordon Bricken & Associates, October 200.

Noise levels in the project area, without Speedway operations, were measured in 2006 at three (3) locations
on three (3) separate days. Noise measurements are shown in Table 4.2-5, Ambient Noise Levels (Without
Speedway Operations). As shown, the L50 (i.e., noise levels exceeded 50 percent of the time) ranged from
48 to 58 dBA and the Lmax ranged from 65 to 116 dBA. The readings show that the L50 noise levels met
the current PD noise standard; however, the Lmax exceeded the standard

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.