Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Procharger with carb. or injection???

You guys who runs whit procharger, what is best and what is most easy??

I have a camaro -68 whit a 355CSB already quiet tuned up, but im now totaly into changing to injection!!

The engine i have now is based on 010 iron block.Fully ARP-bolted!!
Eagle forged crank. and i-beams whit 11:1 trw pistons.
Brownfield 68cc alu heads whit Crane gold rocker arms and rollcam. from chet herberts!!
Victor JR intake whit a 820 BarryGrants carb.
MSD 6AL complete system.

Il reallised that i have to take down the compression to 9,5:1 something and chance my camshaft as well!!

To bad is that im not so much for computers so im a little confused if i really make it all the way whit injection!! Im totally new in this are som please forgive me if its stupid questions!!

Im not really clear about wich system i would use. But im thinking about at MegaSquirt system. Someone know a good intake to recommend!!

Please tell me about your engine/injection/procharger combination!!

This is what i got in my garage!!
Camaro SS -68 "Streetcar"
Camaro -68 "Racecar"
Ford F100 -56 Pickup

Last edited by Camaro ProTouring; 04-24-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:29 PM

We have done several set ups. Blow threw carbed and with renagade style injection. Using B.S.3, DFI 7, and Fast. All are farelly easy to tune and install.
Blow threw is the easiest and least dollars spent to set up and tune,And work very well in most cases...Injection is the in my opinion(we all have one) the best route to go if you can. Driveability and power is best this route.

We actually just finished a ford 408w with Fast and a F1R today. Thing tuned very well, and was pretty quick to tune. From scratch, took about 5 hours.
And is on the road now.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 AM

I honestly think your cheapest option is a Cmdr950 StealthRam system. The StealthRam is the better intake vs Holley's traditional singleplance MPFI, although will show slight differnces in the cyl to cyl air distribution vs the singleplane but, nothing to wory about. The singleplane intake w/ 4 hole billet TB is better option by replacing w/ elbow/monoblade and I spend some time porting it as well). Which makes it not very cost effective and not the best singleplane manifold choice.

I prefer the singleplane (Holley Dorton or Victor EFI) w/ elbow as I feel they offer better airflow distribution but, you need to mix and match peices and it will be more expensive vs a kit I listed above.

I have my hand on a few of these systems if you need one, I may have one to fit your application. And FWIW, I did something very similar many years ago with details followed below

http://www.geocities.com/64duece/procharged355.html

Last edited by 64duece; 04-25-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Intressting!!

Do you have any link to that StealthRam system you recommend!!
I didnt find any info about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64duece
I honestly think your cheapest option is a Cmdr950 StealthRam system. The StealthRam is the better intake vs Holley's traditional singleplance MPFI, although will show slight differnces in the cyl to cyl air distribution vs the singleplane but, nothing to wory about. The singleplane intake w/ 4 hole billet TB is better option by replacing w/ elbow/monoblade and I spend some time porting it as well). Which makes it not very cost effective and not the best singleplane manifold choice.

I prefer the singleplane (Holley Dorton or Victor EFI) w/ elbow as I feel they offer better airflow distribution but, you need to mix and match peices and it will be more expensive vs a kit I listed above.

I have my hand on a few of these systems if you need one, I may have one to fit your application. And FWIW, I did something very similar many years ago with details followed below

http://www.geocities.com/64duece/procharged355.html

This is what i got in my garage!!
Camaro SS -68 "Streetcar"
Camaro -68 "Racecar"
Ford F100 -56 Pickup
Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 PM

http://holley.com/types/Stealth%20Ra...20Complete.asp

You'll find a list of the PN's Holley offers. Units can be ordered either satin or polished and I would highly recommend a WBO2 version. Depending on power level, you'll need appropriate injectors, auxillery driver and possibly upgrade pump(s) to support the power. Which Procharger/power level are you after?