Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2015, 11:36 PM

Default SiniSSter 1966 Chevelle ProTouring Build

First post, but I've been lurking for a while. Been busy finishing my 1966 Chevelle build dubbed SiniSSter, while planning and running the Buffalo Motorama indoor car show. SiniSSter made it's debut on March 27-29, 2015.

SiniSSter started out as a clean 3 owner 136 Malibu that lived it's entire life in the Northest. Surprisingly it was a rust free, original sheet metal car.

What started out as a "let's upgrade a few components and make it a nice driver" snowballed into a frame off resto, with a multi-page list of performance upgrades.

This car will be shown AND driven. Planning on some autocross runs this July at Syracuse and Columbus.

The Chevelle was built by myself, and some great friends. In a 1-2 car garage for the past 1.5 years. It started with a rendering and then progressed from there. More progress and detailed pics coming.

SiniSSter also had it's own Facebook build progress page: www.facebook.com/buffalomotoramaprojectchevelle
Attached Images

Last edited by SiniSSter; 04-09-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:39 AM

I was hoping you would show up here. Nice work.

When you get a chance I bet I won't be the only one that would love to see a build page.

" What started out as a "let's upgrade a few components and make it a nice driver" snowballed into a frame off resto"

hummm, I wonder what thats like?

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 04-09-2015, 12:47 AM

Where did you get the custom Sinister badge made?
Old 04-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Awesome Chevelle
Old 04-09-2015, 07:00 AM

I have a ton of progress pics that I will share. It was honestly insane building the Chevelle and running the show at the same time. Both were ready and well received this year. Now it's time to share more of the Chevelle. We did follow the entire build with it's own Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/buffalomotoramaprojectchevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
I was hoping you would show up here. Nice work.

When you get a chance I bet I won't be the only one that would love to see a build page.

" What started out as a "let's upgrade a few components and make it a nice driver" snowballed into a frame off resto"

hummm, I wonder what thats like?
The SiniSSter logo was designed by a friend that does graphic design. We worked with Myles Tool and Die (www.mylestool.com) in Niagara Falls, NY with Mark Farina to CNC the emblems and then as all the chrome and stainless on the car, were ceramic coated by Spikeclaw (www.spikeclaw.us) in Tonawanda, NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimlico View Post
Where did you get the custom Sinister badge made?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:10 AM

I neglected to show the powerplant. I was going to go LS swap with this build, but decided to go after the heritage of the car, yet modernizing it. So a big block it is.

Mike Janis Racing (www.mikejanisracing.com) built 396 with Msd Atomic EFI and ignition, and Edelbrock and Comp Cams components. Also a custom configuration built for the serpentine pulley setup since many companies don't make a kit for big block Chevy, short water pump, and AC.

The valve covers were CNC engraved by Hot Rod Swap Shop in Ohio.
http://www.hotrodswapshop.com/

The theme of the entire build was 3 colors, the primary color GM Red Jewel Tintcoat, black, and titanium.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 AM

Beautiful car. You guys did very well on the car, and to run an event auch as that takes a lot of planning and patience. I do like to see the old school big block versus just another LS swap.

What is all included in the handling package? What rear gear are you running with the auto? Does the TH350 have a manual shift kit? I have never AutoX'ed an auto before, but it seems that manuals are the preferred transmission for hooning.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

" When you get a chance I bet I won't be the only one that would love to see a build page. "

I'm definitely in for this! Count me in!!

"hummm, I wonder what thats like?"

Been there, Living it !
Awesome build, I love the color choices.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:55 AM

Thanks. I'm planning on a twin turbo LS swap into my 69 Camaro that I've owned sine 1991. That has had a big block since 2007, so it's time for a change. As for the show, I have ran it for the past 5 years. So building a car parallel to running the show was an insane attempt, but it happened, and was a great year.

SiniSSter has a complete UMI Performance suspension (www.umiperformance.com) and Viking coil-overs (www.vi-king.com). The frame has ABC Performance mini-tub and boxed frame from (www.abcperformance.net)

The rear end is a Ford 9" with 3:55 gears. Transmission is a fully built Turbo 350 with a GearVendors Overdrive. I'm not going to make a profession out of autocross, but want to have some fun with it. I've rode in auto and standard and both are enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Beautiful car. You guys did very well on the car, and to run an event auch as that takes a lot of planning and patience. I do like to see the old school big block versus just another LS swap.

What is all included in the handling package? What rear gear are you running with the auto? Does the TH350 have a manual shift kit? I have never AutoX'ed an auto before, but it seems that manuals are the preferred transmission for hooning.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:37 AM

Beautiful car! Very impressed with the timeframe of the build, and the quality of the finished product. I'd like to build a 66' someday.
Welcome to
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!