Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Parts for Sale
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Default Gear Vendors Overdrive $850 plus shipping

I have a Gear Vendors Overdrive Unit I would like to sell. It is a P Type which is rated up to 1200hp. I bought the unit used and planned to use it in my Firebird but now have gone a different route. I was told the unit worked great in the car it came from but I have not run the unit so I can't be sure there are not issues with the unit so I am going to price it accordingly so that if there are any issues a person can get it rebuilt and still be in it for a good price. The unit is currently set up for a C6 transmission but the adapter can be changed to work with dozens of different set ups. If you have a C6 and want to use the unit you will only need a coupler which is about $100. If you want to use it with a turbo 400 you will need a turbo 400 adapter and coupler which $335 new from Maximum Overdrives and they will pay $125 for the C6 adapter which would make it $210. Maximum Overdrives will rebuild the unit for $550 which includes a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty. So if you used the unit with a C6 and had the unit rebuilt you would be into for a total of $1500($850+$100 coupler+$550 rebuild) which is $1100 cheaper than new. If you used it with a Turbo 400 you would be into for $1610($850+210 coupler/adapter+$550 rebuild) which is about $1000 less than new. I had planned to just use a switch to engage the overdrive but Maximum Overdrives has a new electronics set up for $175 if you wanted to go that route. If you got the unit and tried it and everything works fine--you got a bargain! I know I don't have alot of feedback here but there are some members here that will vouch for me or you can check me out at m normal home over on turbobuick.com! I am located in the Springfield Mo area if you would like to come by and take a look at it. $850 plus shipping Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Default location

whats your location
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacarguy View Post
whats your location
Springfield MO
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default long or short C6 adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
I have a Gear Vendors Overdrive Unit I would like to sell. It is a P Type which is rated up to 1200hp. I bought the unit used and planned to use it in my Firebird but now have gone a different route. I was told the unit worked great in the car it came from but I have not run the unit so I can't be sure there are not issues with the unit so I am going to price it accordingly so that if there are any issues a person can get it rebuilt and still be in it for a good price. The unit is currently set up for a C6 transmission but the adapter can be changed to work with dozens of different set ups. If you have a C6 and want to use the unit you will only need a coupler which is about $100. If you want to use it with a turbo 400 you will need a turbo 400 adapter and coupler which $335 new from Maximum Overdrives and they will pay $125 for the C6 adapter which would make it $210. Maximum Overdrives will rebuild the unit for $550 which includes a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty. So if you used the unit with a C6 and had the unit rebuilt you would be into for a total of $1500($850+$100 coupler+$550 rebuild) which is $1100 cheaper than new. If you used it with a Turbo 400 you would be into for $1610($850+210 coupler/adapter+$550 rebuild) which is about $1000 less than new. I had planned to just use a switch to engage the overdrive but Maximum Overdrives has a new electronics set up for $175 if you wanted to go that route. If you got the unit and tried it and everything works fine--you got a bargain! I know I don't have alot of feedback here but there are some members here that will vouch for me or you can check me out at m normal home over on turbobuick.com! I am located in the Springfield Mo area if you would like to come by and take a look at it. $850 plus shipping Thanks
Do you know which adapter is on it? How long is the adapter?

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Do you know which adapter is on it? How long is the adapter?
The adapter is a C6 adapter but if there is more than one type of C6 adapter I am not sure, but it is pretty long. I will have some pics a little later and I can measure the length if that will help you. Thanks

Steve
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Default Yep a couple styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
The adapter is a C6 adapter but if there is more than one type of C6 adapter I am not sure, but it is pretty long. I will have some pics a little later and I can measure the length if that will help you. Thanks

Steve

such as

http://www.gearvendors.com/aghr3s.html

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Yes, that's the one. Here is a pic of the GV I have. Sorry for the poor qaulity but my daughter dropped out camera so a phone pic is all I have. For those that are not familiar with GV's the long tapered part is the adapter and the rest is the actual overdrive itself.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:20 AM

Steve, sent you a PM.

Doug
Old 05-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFRESH View Post
Steve, sent you a PM.

Doug
I got your PM and I will keep you in mind. Thanks
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Default Gear Vendors C6