Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Default My other Project

Just some pics of my latest project , thought I would put them out there for you to see. Its a 67, gonna run a 383 sbc w/pg trans , 9" ford rearend with all strange internals, 5000 rpm stall , hipster brake , Billet Specialties Street Lites , It will be all steel with the exception of a fiberglass hood. I hoping for around 31-3200 pounds done and shooting for the 10's with no power adders. Im gonna run M/T e-t street radials , and wilwood brakes on all 4 corners.
I just got the car back from Riffel Motorsports in Newton Kansas and I cant say enough About how happy I am with the way it turned out. He installed a 10-point cage, tied the subframes and did it all in chromoly and tig welded everything. Will certify to 25.1 (8.50). Eventually I will have it updated to 25.5 (7.50).....talk about overkill.......!!!!! But will eventually step up to more cubic inches and big block to boot.
This car has been a bracket car since early 1975 so it has absolutely no rust ever but the rear wheel openings were clearanced for 13X31 slicks and by the way it is really a firebird that has been turned into a camaro, every panel that was different has been changed....even the taillight panel
Attached Images

Last edited by KSBRKTRACER; 12-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nice project I'll have to keep an eye on this one ! Good luck

Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 PM

Time for an update.....I finally got the motor and trans set in ....... and I got it fired up.......YAY.......nothing renews interest in a project more than getting it running if you ask me.. My best friend from kansas came down and helped me this past week .....And I do have to say without him being there and pushing me it wouldnt be to the point of where it is now. We scratch built the wiring harness....mainly because it will spend most of its time on the dragstrip and we added an electric waterpump , fan, line lock , trans brake and all MSD ignition. Still waiting on rear differntial pieces to show up.....they ordered the wrong pieces and are reordering them. Have a little more plumbing to do for the rear brakes. Starting to hang all of the sheetmetal back on it now....I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now that almost all of the fab work is done....Then it will be time to make it look good, but I think we will work the bugs out of it first. Here ar a few pictures too....!
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM

NICE! Are you going to change the front suspension?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 PM

New update....Got some more done, hung the front sheetmetal and doors, still have some alignment to do, But we are getting closer..
J2 I dont think I will be changing the front suspension, I just rebuilt it with all moog parts and the subframe is now welded to the rear by way of frame connectors....I do have another 67 I would like to put an aftermarket subframe in tho. Here is some updated pics , The hood is a glastek 6" bolt on for those interested in what it is.....Yes it is TALL....!
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Cool. I didn't know if you were going to change control arms to like the TRZ units. Making the car have alot more negative caster is a good thing on the drag strip.

What color is she going to be?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 PM

J2
Once I recover from all of the money I have spent lately on this car I will eventually go to some kind of aftermarket control arms and other lightweight pieces......just need to save up some more money... The paint plans are 67 Camaro Plum Mist Poly and then a white nose stripe and parchment deluxe interior with seat covers for the kirkey seats to match factory deluxe seat covers in white with a black stripe, I plan to badge it a SS-RS Big Block once I get the 427 I have freshened and installed...........someday

Last edited by KSBRKTRACER; 10-14-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Time for another update.....I got to make some passes at Tulsa raceway park.....High 7.50's @ 92 mph in the 1/8 mile.....Pretty happy because all of the passes were within 4 hundredths.....no tuning whatsoever....set the floats, set the timing and unload it off of the trailer and that was foot braking it....havent made a pass with the trans brake yet...I'm guessing maybe 3-4 tenths quicker with the brake......my 10's are closer than I thought
Old 11-27-2009, 10:48 PM

Consistancy is good! Were you able to weigh it at the track?

70 Firebird Esprit, 400 TA clone type "The 14 car"
lab-14.com
Old 11-28-2009, 03:15 AM

Hey! Used to work at McDonald-Douglas,out by Spartan school of aviation! Thats gonna be one sharp Camaro,er Firebird? Anyway thats gonna be one sweet ride!!!