Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Double C10's---well Not Exactly

THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW U LATEST PIC OF 2 OPPOSITES!! SELLING TRUCK ON THE RIGHT TO PAY FOR P.T. PROJECT ON LEFT--R.H. 68 IS ON EBAY NOW!! HATE TO SELL --BUT NEED TO FINISH !!! HEY C. FESLER --HAVEN'T GOT SERPENTINE ON YET BUT IT'S COMING--THIS IS THE TRUCK ON C4 SUSPENSION-59 IMPALA DASH--SSR CONSOLE AND PIECES--SHAVED DRIPS--WINDSHIELD POST PULLED IN TO FLUSH UPPER FRAME OF DOOR !!! STILL LOTS OF WORK!! I IF I DON'T QUIT LOOKING AT YOUR SITES AND IRONWORKS(RODGER) I MAY NEVER FINISH!! HAVE A GOOD DAY JIM
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 AM

Hey that truck is going to be sick and if you need anything or have questions just let me know we have done a lot of these trucks.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 AM

For anyone wanting the c4 suspension under these trucks --I am using the flatout engineering pieces --but he doesn't make rear setup--had to modify 55-59 kit--lot's of work but do-able !!! I built my own chassis but it can be done with stock setup!! Don may have the rear done by now--Nice setup for those of us without big fab shops!!!!!

Hold on to your pants guys and gals--this financial mess doesn't look good !!! later jim
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM

Awesome truck build. Have any more pictures of the work done?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Just got thru cutting in the caddy lites (old school but the 94 up lites look like they were born in the rear bed sides!!) had to reshape the body lines --caddy's reach higher than old reverse light--Raised bed is almost completed with a new hickory bed(hey chris -if u have never seen a hickory bed in one of these--it's awesome--especially w/ reds or orange body colors!! Absolutely no exposed bolts in floor--all hidden including reverse flange on tubbs! Still long way to go--stock losses are killing me!! More pics soon--got scammed by ebayer on green 68 so it is still for sale!!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM

oops...double post

Last edited by KSBRKTRACER; 03-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM

What do you think about the flatout engineering frontend pieces....I am thinking about and looking into frontend options for 65 swb chevy I am building, I have been looking at the porterbuilt crossmember also.....Thanks for any info in advance. Any updates on your truck...I like the direction it is headed....!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 AM

Sold the project to a guy north of Las Vegas!!--Obamanomics!!-bought this truck out of georgia--Will sell for good money down the road--2 owner 1 repaint--In this times I decided that I would spend time and money on finished rides --not as fun but satisfying somewhat!!

As far as the flatout pieces --Loved them --but Corvette rack placement forces engine placement moves that I did not like--Next time i would use something with different rack design!!
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBRKTRACER View Post
What do you think about the flatout engineering frontend pieces....I am thinking about and looking into frontend options for 65 swb chevy I am building, I have been looking at the porterbuilt crossmember also.....Thanks for any info in advance. Any updates on your truck...I like the direction it is headed....!!!
I have the new Porterbuilt Dropmember on my 68 swb. It is sweet as heck to me. Can't wait to see how it handles. I also have Porterbuilts rear C4 Dropmember too. Not yet installed though. I went with Porterbuilt over Flat-Out Engineering because Flat-Out didn't have a rear C4 set-up.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 01-16-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509Chevelle View Post
I have the new Porterbuilt Dropmember on my 68 swb. It is sweet as heck to me. Can't wait to see how it handles. I also have Porterbuilts rear C4 Dropmember too. Not yet installed though. I went with Porterbuilt over Flat-Out Engineering because Flat-Out didn't have a rear C4 set-up.
Yeah i had to modify the 55-59 setup for rear !! Porterbuilt setup looks sweet!!! Keep us posted - jim