Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris@JCG View Post
if anybody has an engine like this that they want to throw away... This would be my engine of choice.. but streetable!!

Last nite was watching a YouTube video of one of these engines screaming all the way up to 8500 RPM..

That's your best post in two months Cris. Welcome back

I'll start looking. I'm sure there's one in NASCAR country...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Default R5 P7

Motors are easy to come up with, especially now that Penske has switched. Looked at these when I was going to do a Cuda. I was going to give $8500 for one that was complete but needed a rebuild. To make them run well on the street you need to knock the compression out, change cams and add more stroke. They have reduced one to $5300 that needs a rebuild below

Here are 3 http://www.racingjunk.com/NASCAR-ARC...7-Engines.html

Most are around 3.230-3.30 on stroke and the redline is more like 9800 unless it is a restrictor motor.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
if anybody has an engine like this that they want to throw away... This would be my engine of choice.. but streetable!!

Last nite was watching a YouTube video of one of these engines screaming all the way up to 8500 RPM..

8500? that thing is just getting started at that rpm...
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Very nice. That is a killer rendering. Should be an awesome build Cris!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 PM

I'm really looking forward to the final product. Cris and I spoke about it before, so no issue in saying it here; the biggest thing with cutting this car up is that it is a REAL 440/6, A833,Dana 60 Car. These types of things don't mean much to Chevy and Ford folks as it does to Mopar folks, and its not about "mopar or no car." The reason for this is simple to people who appreciate restoring "correct" classics. Mopars (unlike chevys and fords) were actually tracked, vin'd and registered by EXACT build specs. Mopar was lucky enough to have someone high up in management to save our registries since the beginning of the company to reference from. We can figure out the exact build options our cars came with and this is obviously very big in restoration world. To do something like this would be similar to just shoving it off a cliff for the sake of doing it. Were time not a factor, they could have sold this car for a considerable amount of money, bought a /6 3speed car with a 7 1/4 rear end, and no one would have cared about them sticking any suspension or motor combo in for the sake of speed.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM

Nice build!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM Racing View Post
I'm really looking forward to the final product. Cris and I spoke about it before, so no issue in saying it here; the biggest thing with cutting this car up is that it is a REAL 440/6, A833,Dana 60 Car. These types of things don't mean much to Chevy and Ford folks as it does to Mopar folks, and its not about "mopar or no car." The reason for this is simple to people who appreciate restoring "correct" classics. Mopars (unlike chevys and fords) were actually tracked, vin'd and registered by EXACT build specs. Mopar was lucky enough to have someone high up in management to save our registries since the beginning of the company to reference from. We can figure out the exact build options our cars came with and this is obviously very big in restoration world. To do something like this would be similar to just shoving it off a cliff for the sake of doing it. Were time not a factor, they could have sold this car for a considerable amount of money, bought a /6 3speed car with a 7 1/4 rear end, and no one would have cared about them sticking any suspension or motor combo in for the sake of speed.
Well not to side track Cris's thread all I have to say is you couldn't be more wrong in your statement. I'm a GM guy who looks at this the same way as you. Blame your Mopar folks for even letting this happen. What are ''they'' thinking. I to believe this should never happen I don't care what brand of car it is! It sucks but that's just the way it is. A lot of people don't look at it the way you or I do. To them its just a car.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM

I'm not bothered so much by cutting up a rare mopar as I am by putting an ls motor in it!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 PM

Thanks Ron but I talked to Mikey @ QMP today about building a 572 Twin turbo today HEMI!...

Oh .. sorry not for this build.. this one still getting a LS in it! but the Nascar motor to me would have been great for this one.. Maybe later.. Project Enhanchment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
That's your best post in two months Cris. Welcome back

I'll start looking. I'm sure there's one in NASCAR country...
Thanks for the info Payton.. If I ever need to put one of these engines together.. I know who to call..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
Motors are easy to come up with, especially now that Penske has switched. Looked at these when I was going to do a Cuda. I was going to give $8500 for one that was complete but needed a rebuild. To make them run well on the street you need to knock the compression out, change cams and add more stroke. They have reduced one to $5300 that needs a rebuild below

Here are 3 http://www.racingjunk.com/NASCAR-ARC...7-Engines.html

Most are around 3.230-3.30 on stroke and the redline is more like 9800 unless it is a restrictor motor.
I watched the video again.. Yeah.. 9K on the rpm is where that motor is singing in HP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
8500? that thing is just getting started at that rpm...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
putting together a estimate for a 70 GTX right now...

Just imagine what engine I will put in that one!!
The wrong one

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171