Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-01-2015, 09:07 AM

I plan to be there this weekend running in CAM-S (stupid wheelbase rule). I've been driving mine a couple times a week since the Optima Event. I need to check it over tomorrow and put on a new O2 sensor and it should be ready to race.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Default 79 camaro

Duston,
looking forward to running there.. might give me a little
practice for Fontana later this year. Texas Pantera boys
have posted videos before... There is a full race Pantera
that runs there and hits 182 in fourth gear (5 speed car)
at 8800 rpm... most of the other Panteras that have run
there hit 175... should be fun

Bob
Old 05-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
I plan to be there this weekend running in CAM-S (stupid wheelbase rule). I've been driving mine a couple times a week since the Optima Event. I need to check it over tomorrow and put on a new O2 sensor and it should be ready to race.
Corvette, Cobra, Maverick - makes sense? Gotta love SCCA sometimes..see you Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteracer
182 in fourth gear
Big boy stuff! I'll have to look up some video of that - 126ish is terrifying enough.
Shutterspeed Photo/Design
Old 05-04-2015, 10:03 AM

Congrats on posting the fastest American Muscle time. I watched a couple of your runs and the car looked great. Being in the first heat sucks. I picked up a lot of ideas watching you guys in the later sessions.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Seth said you did great in the autoX Dustin! The car running as good as ever? I haven't done anything with mine since USCA- how said is that! I'm signed up with the BMW club this weekend and then for the mirror cross at the end of the month with ER.

Chris - How are the Nittos doing?

Greg

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance
Old 05-04-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
Congrats on posting the fastest American Muscle time. I watched a couple of your runs and the car looked great. Being in the first heat sucks. I picked up a lot of ideas watching you guys in the later sessions.
Thanks Chris, it was good seeing you out there. The Maverick was looking and sounding good, too - congrats on the win in S! Sorry I didn't get to talk much, running two cars keeps both mine and my dad's heads spinning pretty much all day long.

The early run group definitely has disadvantages, but once it's hot I don't mind it because I'm normally zapped by the time the last group is up.

Quote:
I haven't done anything with mine since USCA- how said is that!
Other than replacing a few exhaust bolts that vibrated out Sunday of Optima, ours hadn't been touched either, so you're not alone! Still got a list of things to do on the suspension, but it's just getting more fun every time we take it out.

Texas SCCA Pro-touring Challenge

I was the only car entered in CAM-T, and I ended up taking it on the chin from the C guys during trophies for not getting more pro-touring cars out. So I'm putting the call out now for the June 21st event - come out and have some fun with the largest autocross series in the area!

(If you stick around for trophies, they even have free beer - who can turn that down?!)

Texas SCCA info: http://www.texasscca.org/soloautocross

Sunday stuff

Only managed to get one pic and one video during the day, and of course the video was the run after the quickest one. It was the one with the hellacious spin at least:

This is what happens when you try to find a second where you should be looking for a tenth.

Brake changes

We'll be making some changes on the brakes in the near future, too, stepping down the size of the master cylinder for the fronts in search of a bit more pedal travel and easier modulation. Right now the fronts are kind of an on/off switch, with a very, very fine line between too little and lockup. I'll post updates on the new setup and how everything works out as we go along.

Big thanks again to Mike from Wilwood for his help and knowledge both during and since the Optima event!

Last edited by silver63c10; 05-04-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:17 AM

I heard there were 150 cars there on Sunday, How many runs did you get and how much time did you spend there? That's the trouble I have with the SCCA events - the number of cars! I am interested in the Pro Solo event the SCCA is putting on in Mineral Wells on June 5-7. There will surely be a lot of cars there as well but, the format sounds really fun.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscherer78ta View Post
That's the trouble I have with the SCCA events - the number of cars!
I've kind of always thought the same thing on their events, but there are some advantages.

Total was 162 cars. We got 5 runs each, and I was out of there around 5:30 after trophies. If you run and work in earlier groups you can get out much earlier than that. Their events are very well run, hardly any downtime during the day for issues.

One cool thing is you have two of the four heats off, which gives a lot of time to hop in with people and also opens them up to be able to ride with you and share tips.

It's definitely a different deal than the smaller clubs like ER and NTAXS where you'll get 6-8 runs, but it's also cool to run with that many people - a lot of them nationally competitive and former champions - and see where you stack up in the PAX times at the end of the day.

Still on the fence about the Pro, depending on if the weather dries up the next few weeks we may (hopefully) be in the middle of finishing up building a shop by then.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:37 PM

I've jumped ship on the Pro-Solo event. Instead, Im going to do the ER Auto-x School. Camp out that night and then do the Mirrored Cross on Sunday. I should get lots of practice runs that way so hopefully I can get a little closer to you guys' times at the 6/21 event.

When you were taking it on the chin from the C guys for winning CAM-T did you happen to throw it back at them when the announcement came out that your time beat all of theres? LOL

Im not a fan of the length of time spent at the SCCA events either. Basically you are there from 730 - 530 being active for 3 hrs and hanging out the rest. I do however like the larger run groups. It gives plenty of time for the car to cool down and to make changes to the setup. Im not a fan of hot lapping the car and always having to keep the line moving like at some other events.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Old 05-06-2015, 09:06 AM

I would like to run in all the races! I would also like a faster car with better brakes to keep up with you guys.... I just don't have the money to fund all these races.

I get your point about riding with other talented drivers and riding in different cars, I wonder if a better use of time would be to go to an event without driving and just ride- no worker duties and no driving responsibilities, just pick cars to ride in and have fun. I know Seth really enjoys that.

I'm signed up to run with the BMW club this Sat- 10 laps and they will be done around 3....