Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67rstbkt View Post
Very Nice! I wasn't aware they made them in Forged. I've got my set stored in the attic - almost forgot what they looked like.
Well one issue you won't have with the cast versions is what I discovered last weekend- that the inner halves of my rims don't match! whoever built them mixed and matched both soft lip and traditional lip on the inner rears. So back they went. It was a 3 lb weight difference, too. grrr.

quick update- in addition to sending off my rears to be rebuilt I do have the glass in now, I got the brakes bleed after having to make a new flare. It just kept leaking hard and after dis assembly it was cracked. Then onto the clutch to bleed that and that too gave me fits. I replaced the slave cylinder and that at least allowed fluid to pump through but it was still a dead pedal despite continuous bleeding. The solve was using a Mighty Vac unit and sucking up air out through the top. Worked like a charm. I had this tool for over ten years and this was the first time it proved useful. yay.

Also welded in tabs for the seatbelts, installed them and the seats, too. I had to lower the driver side a bit as it was too tall and I was hitting my head on the roof just sitting in the car. Sometime later I'll do this for the passenger side. Maybe when I take the seats back out to add the 5th belt slot in the seat. I won't need this until a track day, which will still be a while from now. With the lowered seat brackets I needed to make a special wrench to access the bolts. I may think about a better way to mount these as this is a PITA as it is.

I have a driveshaft on order, and that will take 4 weeks. Opted for a carbon fiber one. In the meantime I'll test the electornics as I can't really start this without the shaft/ fluid in the trans. So close now.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That's quite the wrench right there! I have a 9/16" wrench I ground down to install a starter in my 69 Z/28 in 1972 and it saved me many other times as well. As long as they work! That's something about the rim barrels. We're they both the correct back space? I hope you get them back quick.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
That's quite the wrench right there! I have a 9/16" wrench I ground down to install a starter in my 69 Z/28 in 1972 and it saved me many other times as well. As long as they work! That's something about the rim barrels. We're they both the correct back space? I hope you get them back quick.
Yeah, I'd like to redesign the seat rails so I wouldn't need such a funky wrench, and get the seats even lower. I'm thinking of cutting down the seat frames in the car itself, too.

RE: wheels- Yes, the dimensions were good (or at least I didn't notice any weird unequal fitment issues), but whoever built them just didn't match them up. And it was a 3lb weight difference, too. It is supposed to be ready this Thursday which means I could pick it up Friday after work.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:14 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Oh Snap! You've made some awesome progress the last few months! Looking good!!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 05-06-2015, 10:50 AM

Thumbs up

Car is coming along nicely......lots of great fab work! The wheels are perfect for the car...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:35 AM

small updates... received my driveshaft which is quite pretty, imo, and a shame that it's buried underneath the car. I also hooked the battery up this weekend and started testing the wiring. I had a few bugs (to be expected) and got most of them fixed. The real bummer is the car wouldn't start. After getting a little help it turns out I plumbed the fuel lines/ regulator all wrong (resulting in way too much fuel pressure) and need to add a return line after all. So parts are ordered and I'll be doing some revisions over the next couple of weeks. Live n learn. Stay tuned.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2015, 11:46 PM

Default Finally.... it runs

After plumbing in a return line to get the fuel pressure right, and discovering that I had the 12v switched power line hooked up to a terminal that didn't have power when the key was in "start" it now runs. I even drove it, too. Next is to get an alignment and I ordered some new mufflers that are quieter as I want my wife to ride in this, ha ha

Attached Images

Last edited by Tuske427; 05-31-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 AM

Nicely done!

LS1 Brakes|Wilwood Prop Valve|LS1 Master Cylinder|Aluminum Driveshaft|LS1 3.42 Rearend|Adj PHB|Adj LCA|LCARB|Koni Struts|Koni Shocks|Adj Caster/Camber Plates|STB|10 Spoke SS Wheels|PHB Relo Kit|Adj TA|SFC|ARAP Based Prom|B&M Short Shifter|Underdrive Pullies|SMOG!|AIR!|Rag Joint!|Magnaflow|Ported Plenum|Misc Stuff
Old 06-02-2015, 07:41 PM

Very nice build. I thought the pics looked familiar, seen them over on HWC. Glad I got to see more pics of the build.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:28 PM

Well, this weekend was a waste of my time. I spent most of it installing my "advance keys" keyless ignition and alarm, and the last couple of hours ripping it all back out. What a POS product. don't waste your money on it. From the instructions being inconsistent at best (at least 4 different errors) to incomplete instructions (had to "learn some things" it doesn't state in in the instructions) to the unit just not working (couldn't get my car to start with it, also couldn't exit out of 3 modes that just kept cycling back n forth- armed, alarm itself- door lock delay function). This is my nice evaluation of it. I will be a bit more thorough with them. guess I'll go back to what I know works- a simple ignition.
Attached Images