Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2015, 06:33 PM

All buttoned up and ready for the next event on the 17th?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Lance, what Recaro seat did you end up with? is it a fixed back and/or on sliders in case somebody else drives it? or is it just built for you?

I need 5pts in my setup (#becauseracecar doensn't always equal #becausesstreetcar) and i rather race.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
All buttoned up and ready for the next event on the 17th?
Car is completely ready...driver not so much. Have an out of town graduation to attend that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Lance, what Recaro seat did you end up with? is it a fixed back and/or on sliders in case somebody else drives it? or is it just built for you?

I need 5pts in my setup (#becauseracecar doensn't always equal #becausesstreetcar) and i rather race.

These are the Profi-SPGXLs, fixed back fiberglass on sliders with a ton of adjustment room. Being able to fit your arse into the seat is the only limiting factor with these (already had to decline one ridealong as the guy couldn't fit his arse into the pass seat).

I also retained the factory 3 point belts and use those with these seats when driving on the street which is a real nice feature.

Comfy seats with comfy restraints #becausestreetcar
Comfy seats with 5 point harnesses for race day #becauseracecar

Best of both worlds.

We took it for a 45 minute drive yesterday afternoon to go to a cousin's son's graduation party, was great to just go out for a cruise in the complete car again. One of Terri's cousin's husband brought his fun car as well... We were parked not too far apart and later as the party was dwindling down we went out to check out each others rides. His car was like the anti-Barney...it was a Tesla...

His car, when you walk up to it, the door handles automatically extrude from the body inviting you to open the doors with them, I have to stick a key in the door and turn it just to unlock my doors. He presses a button on his key fob and his "hood" opens automatically...I have to hit the top of my hood just right with the palm of my hand to get my hood latch to release after pulling the cable handle from inside the car. It was pretty neat though, my first time checking out a Tesla...and I think their first time sitting in Recaro race seats in a 30 year old luxury car turned race machine.

Amazing the difference in technology during the 30 years between the two cars.

Our ride back how was just as nice, cruising the back roads with the windows down. Pretty glad to have the car back on the road again fully in one piece.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:34 PM

Great Googly Moogly.... Look at this!! Barney's new front sway bar.

That's a 1.5" diameter, 0.375" wall center piece for my Ridetech front MuscleBar.

Ain't she a beaut?

Now I have a dilemma though. I have a big event in 3 weeks...USCA at National Corvette Museum...and not a lot of time to prepare for it.

Last fall I swapped the last big sway bar upgrade in the car right before heading to the SCCA Solo Nationals and I swore I'd never make any big changes to the car right before a big event again.

Now, just how bad did I swear?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:34 PM

Put it in and drive it... a lot. Just think, you've got 2.8 weeks to hammer on it and a couple days to swap it back if you don't like it.

Rough # on spring rate?
Old 05-14-2015, 03:04 PM

Put it in tonight. Drive the snot out of it for a while, and see if you like it. You can always switch it back if you don't.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:28 PM

Past experience dictates that is is pretty hard to replicate an autocross turn...when not on an actual autocross course. You can get close...but the difference between close and really getting it right can make all the difference in the world in balance.

I don't like driving a car that isn't balanced, it isn't any fun. I'd rather drive one just a tad slower that I KNOW works then drive one that will step out at any given moment without any warning.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:31 PM

You coming for Saturday and/or Sunday? Plenty of time to get yse to yhe new bar!
Old 05-14-2015, 03:35 PM

I'm out of town this weekend Patrick, all you have to worry about is beating Keith with all of the new replacement parts on his car.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Put it on!! Or why bother ordering it.... LOL

Just do it. Besides - if you overhead press it a few times you'll build up some biceps... That thing is a whopper!