Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2017, 04:46 PM

Default my 63 nova 427 ls3 build

im copying this over from another forum that i started on. ill get this caught up to where i am and continue to update.

First a little history. I bought this car not running with a straight 6 and th350 for really cheap. First thing i did was get it running and rebuilt the front suspension. It didnt take much to get running and the car was fun for a little while.

Next up was the search for more power. i started looking at small blocks but the LS bug got me and i found an lq4 out of a wrecked truck for cheap. I didnt know anything about fuel injection so i decided to go with a carb and a msd 6010. This was great for the power but the car scared the crap out of me with the stock drums and horrible stock steering that needed to be replaced.

Time for front end upgrades. I met a guy out at sears point that had some used stuff for sale that he had just taken off his racecar and he told me to come take a look. He had an early church boys r and p, cpp mini subframe and aerospace brakes. This setup was great. I finally felt safe driving it and i did for a year before the upgrade bug hit again.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:47 PM

I decided i needed more power. Time for a new top end. I got a big cam, pro systems carb and sent my heads to advanced inductions. This should have been a great combo in a light car but i had a little problem. The #5 piston decided to let go after 20 miles and ruined my new heads. I parked the car after this for a year.

After not having a toy for a year I was getting antsy. I couldn't decide if i was going to sell the nova and buy a new vette or dump a bunch of money into the nova and make it what i wanted.

Well im still on this site so i decided to keep the nova. I started collecting parts for my build. My first call was to church boys for some suspension. I originally was just going to get the uppers but that changed and now have everything they sell front and rear. I got the ats spindles so i could run vette brakes and I hit up Tobin at Kore3 for Z06 brakes front and rear.

I plan on big power so I called Detroit Speed for some mini tubs and am currently trying to install them. With more room out back coming soon I ordered Boze 18x10 and 18x8 with nitto 295 and 235.
Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Old 2nd-January-2017, 02:49 PM
Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM

I have a 427 ls3 shortblock i picked up on black friday with AFR heads and a ported fast 102. Im going to have Tony Mamo build the engine and break it in on the dyno. Im hoping for north of 700hp with this combo. THis will be going in front of a t56 magnum and a full floating 9". Ill update with pictures as soon as i can figure it out. I have a July 1st deadline to get this up and running so hopefully i get it done.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:52 PM

heres the car a month ago when i started its dusty as hell from building some speakers for my buddy.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM

the reason for the rebuild

the rest of the piston
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That will be nice,keep the updates coming
Old 01-21-2017, 04:59 PM

im running Church Boys Racing suspension front and rear. the front uses viking double adjustable coilovers and Ats spindles with corvette unit bearings allowing me to run Z06 14" brakes

Old 01-21-2017, 05:08 PM

im currently working on the minitub which is taking me longer than i would like but its getting done. the passenger side is almost done

Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 PM

Looking good any more pics on the min tub?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:39 PM

ill try to get some more pics tomorrow. ive got the passenger side tacked in, hoping to get it welded out completely tomorrow