Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 03-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
On the E67, the A/C request signal is via CAN request from the BCM, not a signal wire.
So with the GMPP controller (I believe it is an E67), there is no point adding the AC pressure sensor/switch? Unless the BCM is added?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
So with the GMPP controller (I believe it is an E67), there is no point adding the AC pressure sensor/switch? Unless the BCM is added?
It would be better if the A/C request went through the ECM so we could have compressor protection features (like RPM limit, WOT cutoff, overheating protection, etc.). But we don't, so all we get are fan control features via the A/C pressure sensor. Is it worth doing? I think so, but it isn't ideal, and the system needs a binary switch to protect the compressor since the ECM doesn't/can't.

If only Vintage Air or InfinityBox (nee ISIS) had support for GM's A/C CAN-bus request...

II Much Fabrication's Blog New products, Fabrication sequences, etc.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 PM

Fits like it was made to go there. LOL

Old 04-30-2015, 12:29 PM

Anyone else looking for one of these connector bodies for the PWM fan module? If so I will order a few more.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:35 PM

So what options does one have for integrating with an aftermarket ECM like in my case a FAST XFI? The FAST XFI ECM only has a negative relay control for fan on/off. I was reading about the Derale PWM controller but not a fan of the push in probe. Other options for a stand alone PWM?

http://derale.com/products/electric-...n-probe-detail
Old 05-03-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samckitt View Post
Anyone else looking for one of these connector bodies for the PWM fan module? If so I will order a few more.
Sam,

Get me two… Thanks, Dirk
Old 05-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Good thread. I have a few questions...

I am running an E38 ECU and currently have it set up in discrete mode with a pair of spal fans. I understand that programming is required to switch to PWM mode. I also understand that a binary or trinary switch is required to control the vintage air compressor for over or under pressure conditions. My question surrounds the need for a high pressure signal from the a.c. system to kick the fans into high speed. Is it possible to let the trinary switch send a ground signal to the ECU to send the fans to high speed when the a.c. system requires it? I have an a.c. input from the speartech harness for an a.c. input. Otherwise I will need to wire in a second switch into the #6 line between the condenser and the evap.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65C6Corvette View Post
Sam,

Get me two… Thanks, Dirk
Dirk, Not 100% if/when I will order them. If there is enough interest, i will, & I will let you know.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old66Tiger View Post
Good thread. I have a few questions...

I am running an E38 ECU and currently have it set up in discrete mode with a pair of spal fans. I understand that programming is required to switch to PWM mode. I also understand that a binary or trinary switch is required to control the vintage air compressor for over or under pressure conditions. My question surrounds the need for a high pressure signal from the a.c. system to kick the fans into high speed. Is it possible to let the trinary switch send a ground signal to the ECU to send the fans to high speed when the a.c. system requires it? I have an a.c. input from the speartech harness for an a.c. input. Otherwise I will need to wire in a second switch into the #6 line between the condenser and the evap.
Best solution is to use trinary switch to control compressor and AC pressure sensor connected to ECM to control fans through PWM control. No way to have both (and no need).

Whole set up is described in detail in prior posts.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Holley Dominator ECU and PWM fan control

One of the benefits of getting the Dominator ECU is the huge amount of user programmable inputs and outputs.

On this project I wanted to do with my current build is to have the fan be controlled via PWM. This can be done using the Dominator ECU and the C6 Corvette fan controller. I am using a C6 fan as well, but this can be done with other fans, including the popular Spal dual fan set-up.

Enjoy.

Andrew

Last edited by andrewb70; 07-29-2015 at 01:45 PM.