Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Way to go B! A muscle car on top--that's very cool.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Supporting Member

I don't know if you saw my comment on the other site, but congratulations Brian! All of your videos from Optima are unbelievable! I wished they had been available before the race, because they are great instructional material. I'll get my stuff posted up soon, but your video's make mine look like I'm running in slow motion. Kinda embarrassing I too thought that the noise on the road course video, was you down shifting twice. I noticed that you were going down to 2nd in the s-turn section before the main straight. I was staying in 3rd, and not getting near the drive that you got, coming up the straight. It was very interesting watching the video on the autox. The little adjustments that you made. You could tell that you and your dad are a helluva team. Anyway, it was fun getting to hang with you and your dad. Yall did a great job!

Last edited by dunnjun; 11-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM

I spoke to Brian at the Wilwood booth briefly, and he said he was ready for the road course this year.
Great job.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnjun View Post
I don't know if you saw my comment on the other site, but congratulations Brian! All of your videos from Optima are unbelievable! I wished they had been available before the race, because they are great instructional material. I'll get my stuff posted up soon, but your video's make mine look like I'm running in slow motion. Kinda embarrassing I too thought that the noise on the road course video, was you down shifting twice. I noticed that you were going down to 2nd in the s-turn section before the main straight. I was staying in 3rd, and not getting near the drive that you got, coming up the straight. It was very interesting watching the video on the autox. The little adjustments that you made. You could tell that you and your dad are a helluva team. Anyway, it was fun getting to hang with you and your dad. Yall did a great job!
Thanks Karl. I am still kicking myself about the wheel hop. If you notice, when I was braking going into turn 5a before I down shifted, the rear was hopping badly. I delayed my downshift into 2nd until 5b. This section and turn 3 were killing me! I have never had any instruction on this course, like most, and I was trying to figure it out on the fly. I know it was not even close to perfect. I missed a lot of key points on the track. Having last year under my belt helped me improve 2.7 seconds. I would hope I could get in Danny's area, 1:42's, with another crack at it. I have only been on a road course 8 times in my life. I really want to get better.

Great seeing you again and hope to see you out West next year. I am going to try to get out to your neck of the woods next year.

Brian

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06
Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Brian --

You raise an interesting question for me.

Now that you've experienced "road racing".... what's your thoughts on it FOR YOU vs Autocross? In other words -- do you like the "more seat time" on a road course vs the short workout on the autocross? Or is autocross still your deal?

I'm a newcomer to the road course -- and from what I've been seeing -- for me personally -- I'm not much interested in the autocross (except to work it! )
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Brian --

You raise an interesting question for me.

Now that you've experienced "road racing".... what's your thoughts on it FOR YOU vs Autocross? In other words -- do you like the "more seat time" on a road course vs the short workout on the autocross? Or is autocross still your deal?

I'm a newcomer to the road course -- and from what I've been seeing -- for me personally -- I'm not much interested in the autocross (except to work it! )
Greg,

I have enjoyed the open track. It is very different for autocrossing.
The good for open track: seat time, speed, passing.
The bad: expensive entry and wear on car.
Overall, I still prefer autocrossing for many reasons. The main reasons are: different track every day, much more challenging courses, more competition, and much cheaper. I also enjoy the down time as that is when you can hang out with your friends. It seams track days are more business and less hanging out.
Open track is a huge challenge for me as it is new. I hope to get about 4 - 5 track days in next year. The rest of the time will be spent at the autocrosses.

Brian

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Congrat's To you Brian and a awesome prepared car.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 PM

Congrats Brian, one of my favorite Camaro builds.

1989 Camaro RS
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

That stance is killer.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman67 View Post
who took the top photo? you cut the umbrella girls of at the waist....that aint right!

great job dude...

why is your rear spoiler so vertical?
Thanks!

The spoiler is so verticle for a few reasons. For SCCA CP, the rear spoiler can not extend beyond the rear bumper and 10 in maximum height. I could push the base foreward, but I would loose the aggressiveness I desire for lower speed. Max downforce is what I am after.

It seems to work for these guys:

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06