Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2016, 11:03 AM

where did you get the rotors ...? did you get a deal ? im piecing my ZR1 brakes together and need all four rotor$ . everything else i have already
Old 05-17-2016, 03:18 PM

Friend of a friend got them for me for a good deal. Ya the rotors are $$$$$. Still searching for the rears.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:29 AM

Carbon fiber dash arrived yesterday. Unfortunately not completely satisfied with the product. But once installed, hopefully people wont not notice the flaws

Old 05-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Cant wait to see the setup with those BW turbos!!
Old 05-20-2016, 03:55 PM

As am I! Hopefully i can start on it soon.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:54 AM

Recieved all my fishplates to strengthen up the joints on the truck. So i'll probably get those tacked up and welded into place over the weekend.

Started on all the rear suspension bracketry but that quickly came to a halt since i havent recieved the zl1 rear diff yet. Need to get that so I can build the rear tube subframe and lay it out in a way i can mount the rear diff and make the brackets for the lower control arms in a clean manner.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:00 PM

ZL1 rear diff arrived at the end of the week. This thing is stout and lil bigger that I thought it would be. Still trying to figure out if I wanna do a bolt-in tubular rear crossmember which will mount the rear diff and lower control arm brackets. Or do a permanent weld-in sheet metal assembly thats fully boxed in. Hopefully I'll get dimensions of the zl1 rear diff and have something figured out by the end of week so I can get back to making progress on this truck.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 AM

cool project ! love that body style! looks like you have a great start going on.keep up the great work!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:01 PM

I am now many months behind schedule. Work got busy and started other projects, blah blah.

But Ive now sourced the entire zr1 brake setup, ive bought a few more parts as well. I machined a small fixture to hold the c6 vette spindles in the mill so i can modify them for the 7deg taper i'll be using. Rear subframe is 100% done and getting laser cut now. Finishing up fixtures in solidworks this weekend so i can start building the control arms.

Trying to figure out what steering rack i want to run on this thing so i can start on the front crossmember and suspension brackets off the frame. But have no idea on what to use. Progress should hopefully pick back up though since ive finished all my small projects that i started the last few months.

Heres the subframe. Some sheetmetal is missing but its fully boxed in and should do the trick. I also made a jig that will slip over both frame rails and locate all the brackets, etc....

Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Got my rear crossmember mostly tacked up, still have a few more pieces to add until its complete and fully boxed. Going to weld the assembly with it welded to the frame rails i think to try and keep everything straight.