Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2016, 05:24 PM

We'll see... I want too, but I want to make improvements to the car as well plus fix a few things around the house that have been pushed to the back burner over the years.

Kind of like racing, it's all about balance. I will say this, the Missus is much more inclined to come along to facilities like Putnam. Not sure she cared that much for dry camping in the dusty\muddy parking lot at the Super 8 though.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:28 PM

Dang your ride sounds mean!

My 68 Torino
Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
We'll see... I want too, but I want to make improvements to the car as well plus fix a few things around the house that have been pushed to the back burner over the years.

Kind of like racing, it's all about balance. I will say this, the Missus is much more inclined to come along to facilities like Putnam. Not sure she cared that much for dry camping in the dusty\muddy parking lot at the Super 8 though.
yeah, yeah happy wife=happy life...I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Dang your ride sounds mean!
Thank you, I do get a lot of questions on the exhaust..Ultimate mid-length headers and a 3" Magnaflow exhaust Chevelle kit, dumped at the axle
66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 PM

John from Forgeline got some great pics of me on what was, my best run up til this point, a cone at the finish. That may have been my only cone for the day too, well I got it with style! Oh, and I totally was in control the whole time
Here are the pics in order that John took them:

Project G-Vette
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 AM

Nice!

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP Youtube
Old 06-02-2016, 07:56 AM

Aaron: "I had it all the way..."
Old 06-02-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Aaron: "I had it all the way..."
I sooooo got this!
Project G-Vette
Old 06-02-2016, 08:52 AM

Hold my beer!!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:12 AM

Default Long time, way overdue for updates!

Hey guys, its been a year since I've updated this thread. Had a lot of things going on, especially since December of '16. I sold my half of my business of 17 years to my partner...so technically, I'm retired now!! Yes

Bigger than that, is that in April, I was diagnosed with leukemia, CLL/SLL more specifically since there are so many different types. Rather that retype it all, I'm pasting a post from my FB page that I know some of you have seen.

Also, I'm in process (mostly on hold now..) of making huge changes to the G-Velle. Epic is probably more accurate! I promise to get some pics posted soon of the progress. But right now, getting my health back is number one priority!

Copied from FB:
Funny how things have a way of being put in perspective: Five months ago, I was dealing with what at the time, was the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to deal with, the sale of our business of 17 years. One month ago, today, I realized that was nothing.
On April 3rd, I was diagnosed with leukemia. More specifically, CLL/SLL which is Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma. On the wide scale of possible types of leukemia, if there’s such a thing as the good side, that’s what I have. Although it’s typically found in people 65 and older (I’m 45 now) the Dr’s were a bit surprised to see it, but it’s not unheard of.
Before I get to the details, the plan and the future, I wanted to let you all know what was going on and why you may not see us at many (or any) events this year. I’ve told a few close friends (that are closer to family really) and of course my family. I feel like it’s best to hear it from me than from another friend as stories tend to change along the way! Ha-ha. What I’m NOT asking for is for anyone to feel sorry for me, or my family. I’m past all that! I got this. What we need is your experiences, encouragement, thoughts and prayers! I will accept anything positive to move forward to beat this. As hard as it is to stay positive, I must say from the few friends and family that already know, you have been AMAZING. Especially Jill, she has been my everything so far, can't imagine doing this without her... and I am humbled daily by the incredible people I call friends. The texts, messages, offers to help, and the phone calls just to chat…I hope you all know I would do the same for you!
OK, so how did I get here: So, after we got back from our cruise to the Caribbean area in February, a week later, I had a swollen tongue and 5 or 6 large canker sores on it. My lymph glands were also pretty swollen in my neck, but nothing I haven’t had before. I had others on the inside of my cheeks and gums. A trip to the Urgent Care, got a script for antibiotics and steroids…surprise. Well 10 days later, a bit better, but sores came back. Went back to Urgent Care, guess what? Yep, stronger antibiotics…10 days later same. Since I hadn’t been to a real doctor in four years, we’d dropped off our primary Dr’s list… best they could do was 6 weeks to get in as a new patient! Ughh. Luckily a friend of Jill’s got us in to her doctor. Blood work was done immediately and there we go, leukemia was suspected. That Dr. sent us to a Hematologist/Oncologist. More blood work, more tests and then the suspicion was confirmed. Once confirmed, it was on to more test to see how far along I was. CLL can take years and years to develop into something that’s even treatable. They don’t treat it typically until later stages, it’s a watch and wait up until then.
The first big test was a PET nuclear test where radioactive sugars are injected into the blood to show highlights on the scan. Any tumorous type anomalies will use the sugar first and show “hot spots”. Well turns out the most of the lymph glands in my entire body were “warm spots”, no particular place worse than the other, but it was everywhere somewhat. Two days after the PET scan, I was admitted to the hospital because the sores in my mouth and swollen tongue were keeping me from eating and swallowing anything, even water hurt. Food and pills would get stuck halfway down my throat, not cool. After four days in the hospital, getting bag after bag of fluid, getting poked and prodded multiple times per day/night, I finally started feeling better and was able to eat. Turned out I had the “Corona” virus (simple cold virus), lol doesn’t sound bad, especially with a lime 😊…and the mouth sores were just something that my non-existent immune system couldn’t fight off. While I was in the hospital, I had a few lymph nodes removed from my neck for testing. Both pathology and FISH test I believe. The important part of the FISH test is to find out if a gene, labeled 17P is not there (or damaged). If it’s not there, well treatment is easy, a very expensive pill every day for the rest of your life, but one day the pill may stop working…that day is unpredictable. My 17P is present, so I am a candidate for chemo, yay! Not like chemo is an awesome option, but at least I have one. The chemo they’d most likely use is FCR and has been used for a long time with good results.
After I got over having a mild fever in the hospital, they let me go home feeling way better than when I went in. Two weeks later found me back at the hospital getting a bone marrow biopsy, yeah yuck. The results of that just came yesterday and showed that my marrow is 80-90% saturated with the leukemia cells…not good, but does show that I’m a candidate for treatment sooner than later, like real soon.
Which brings me to today. Our next move is to get a second opinion, not of the diagnosis as much as the treatment plan. From what my Dr. says, I pretty much have textbook test results and symptoms, so hoping it’s something simple and not cancer is a real long shot. After the second opinion, due to the stage (3 or 4) I’m in, most likely we’ll get started with treatment very soon. The standard is 6 months; 3 days in a row each month with checkup visits in between to monitor all of the numbers of course. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to being done with it! The future looks great, just got to get thru the next 8-10 months.
Again, I’m trying to keep a very positive attitude about this, I’d appreciate you all do the same! My family deserves it, my friends deserve it, heck I deserve it! I have so much to do still, this is just a little bump in the road. I will miss seeing you all at the car events and hanging out in the parking lots. Of course, if I’m able, I’ll come just to come!
Please, fire away if you have questions. Thank you all in advance for the well wishes and prayers!

Hope everyone is well, and, hopefully there are less and less jack stands being used too! Due to me most likely starting treatment very soon, I won't be able to drive much this year, and I'm having a harder time with that than thinking about stupid chemo treatments! I miss hanging out with friends and driving old cars fast...
Project G-Vette
Old 05-14-2017, 08:39 AM

Obviously not the post I was expecting after following along on your Instagram page with the changes to G-Velle and I can only imagine what a tough time this is for you and your family. I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as I can only imagine the challenges that lie ahead for you. As with anything a positive attitude and loads of moral support certainly help the final outcome and I am sure those of us in the PT world will do everything we can to make sure your'e are supported in every way imaginable.

Prayers out buddy!

Last edited by Paraman1; 05-14-2017 at 10:05 AM.