Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-02-2016, 06:44 PM

Default Pcv valve.

Can you provide some info on the PVC valve?
Old 05-06-2016, 08:29 PM

So my truck steering column has been whistling for a long time now. When stopped at a light or stop sign - there was a very audible whistle coming from the PS system. If you turned the wheel slightly - it'd shut up.

So after dealing with that for way too long - I ordered a new GM pump - and PS lines.

I tore the truck apart - and got the new parts swapped in.

The swap took 2 nights after work - but I finally finished up.

I put in new PS fluid - turned the wheels side to side and I'm good to go.

I still need to flush out the system - but that can wait for another day.

I did have to rent the PS pulley remover/installer tool from Autozone for this swap - but otherwise it wasn't too terrible.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon69RagTop View Post
Can you provide some info on the PVC valve?

Beck / Amley 0450299 PCV Valve

I ordered it at Autozone - but you can prob get a better price on Amazon.

I used some hose worm clamps to tighten the hose down on it - it looks pretty ugly but I hid it under the blower snout.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 PM

Quick update:

After I was tracking down a leak on the PS setup - I saw that my bull bar was was looking like crap.

I took the 4 bolts off - and removed it. I really like the looks of it without the bar on there.

I also decided to ditch the Bro-Truck billet grill. I removed it but the plastic grill underneath looks like crap.

So I painted it with SEM Trim black paint - and will put it back in when it finishes drying.

I also installed the LBZ mouthpiece and updated my 10+ year old cold air intake.

The truck came with an AFE Magnum Force intake - which doesn't look like it has been in production for a long time.

So I found a Spectre Diesel filter that fit in the AFE box - and put in the LBZ part.

I can't say I feel a huge difference - but removing a big restriction in the air path has to help.

Now for the pics:

Old 05-11-2016, 06:16 PM

I let the grill dry for 24 hours - and installed it today.

For being a can of SEM Trim paint that I had sitting around - I think it turned out pretty well.

That will be it for awhile - I think my next project will be a Corsa downpipe and catback - but that will be awhile.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:21 PM

Back to the Vette!

I saw that some folks are using the Halltech Beehive intake shroud with there E-Force cold air intakes.

It lowers IAT's by isolating the filter from the hot engine bay.

So I ordered one - and had to modify it because of the front intercooler heat exchanger piping on the passenger side.

After a few cuts with a jigsaw - and trial fitting it - I finished up the install. I also hid the MAF sensor wire under the filter so that its no longer visable.

I went on test drive and had no issue - as I pulled into the driveway I smelled coolant.

I popped open the hood - and saw a cut in the coolant hose connecting the heater core > water pump > coolant expansion tank reservoir.

I must have moved the hose when I was installing the intake - and didn't check for clearance before my test drive.

I sliced the hose - and sprung a tiny leak. I cleaned up the engine bay and I have ordered a new hose. It wasn't super expensive - but a dumb mistake.

I will probably be replacing the hose sometime next week - I don't think it will arrive quickly.

Now for the pics:

Old 05-27-2016, 06:54 AM

I filmed a couple review videos - one with about my Maxjax lift - and one about my E-Force install, issues, and overall impression.

MaxJax review:

E-Force install/review/mods:
Old 05-28-2016, 02:17 PM

SS update...

The SS comes with a lot of chrome on it - both on the exterior and interior.

I have already deleted the chrome on the front of the car - but not the interior.

I just finished up removing and installing the following Holden black trim parts.

Touch Screen Navigation surround.
Shifter surround.
Bottom half of the steering wheel trim.

Install was fairly painless - just took the time to be careful and not break anything.

I have to say - it looks way better.

I got these Holden parts from HoldenPartsUSA in California - and I got them in 3 days to NC. That sure beats shipping from down under.

Here are some finished pics:

Old 08-25-2016, 05:56 PM

Hey guys - been a while - but I'm still around.

Things have been busy around here - I've been busy shooting/producing/and uploading some videos to my Youtube channel. If you are interested in seeing the updates to the truck, SS, Vette, and around the shop - you can see them here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bonecrrusherSS

Besides that - I finally got the exhaust for my Duramax.

This spring I ordered a Corsa front pipe - and got it in a few days.

Back in May - I tried to order a Corsa catback. The supplier took 5 weeks to tell me that it was on back order, and then discontinued. So I got my money back. Then in early July - I called Corsa directly and asked if they still sold there diesel mufflers - they said yes it was a valid number and still available. So I ordered just the muffler - and a Jamo 4" stainless exhaust. The catback w/ muffler delete showed up - but the muffler was on backorder. 6 more weeks the supplier called me and said it was on backorder and then discontinued.

At this point I got fed up - and did some research. I found a company called FTE Diesel based out of Ohio - and they sold a 30" x 4" resonator/muffler that cuts down on drone. A lot of Cummins guys and a few Duramax guys recommended these mufflers - so I placed an order for a stainless unit.

I got the muffler in a few days and I installed the exhaust this week.

Overall the install went smoothly - and I am fairly happy. It's louder at idle, and when you gas it - and it quiets down when cruising on the interstate.

Here are some pics - I'll post a video in a few days.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:58 PM

I finally had time to make an install video for the exhaust - heres the install and overview of my Duramax exhaust system upgrade: