Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM

First drive of the season and first drive with new tires and wheels - launch traction is still an issue. Just drove it from this garage - to my house. Time to mount e-fans and A/C delete plate.

You can call me Bart
Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 PM

wow, I need catch up my own thread.

Damn, Ive not posted much here.

Ive installed speedhut gauges (GPS Speedo) -

Well, I threw caution to the wind and just did it. Turns out, I have no issues with knock back. And I believe its because of the locker rear end and the way its designed. Anyways, as is everything with this car, lots of stuff needing attention.

Here is the pic of the dirty rear end - of note, the UCA bushings are not installed completely.

Skipping the clean up and tear down process, here is the rear end with new brakes lines, calipers, disc installed. I also took the liberty of hammering the bushings in the rest of the way.

So I went to bolt everything back up into place and I couldnt get the drivers side UCA to line up - I did not know this but the ears on the UCA need to have clearance for the 12 bolt housing. I think the PO didnt know this and just forced the UCA into place and combined with the bushings not being correctly installed lead to the UCAs breaking almost all the way through. I replaced with Spohn Adjustables.

Got everything put back up. Mounted the passenger wheel, and mounted the drivers wheel but it was REALLY hard to turn them, and I heard scraping. I knew somewhere in my mind that the rear rotors are slightly larger than the fronts. Well, the calipers didnt fit inside the wheel...........but just barely. So I made a fixture and took them my bro in law and had him mill down the theoretical OD of the calipers. They fit now. Its tight tho.

You can call me Bart

Last edited by barrrf; 06-27-2016 at 07:16 AM.