Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Did you ever decide what you are going to do about a remote key less entry / push to start system? I looked at the Advanced Keys stuff in the past but you are the second person I've heard of that couldn't get their product to work as desired.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
Did you ever decide what you are going to do about a remote key less entry / push to start system? I looked at the Advanced Keys stuff in the past but you are the second person I've heard of that couldn't get their product to work as desired.
I looked around a while back but didn't find anything that jumped out at me. It seemed like several of the brands out there use the same parts as the A/K version was made from. I may look around again this winter.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuske427 View Post
I looked around a while back but didn't find anything that jumped out at me. It seemed like several of the brands out there use the same parts as the A/K version was made from. I may look around again this winter.
Ok, then I'm not crazy - at least about that.
I haven't actually talked to any vendors, but last year when I looked I saw pictures and thought "gee, that looks familiar" a few times.

There is probably some company that builds and sells this stuff wholesale then these companies simply add their name, logo and packaging. The irony is the A/K stuff shows a 2010 - 2013 Camaro on their main page, yet several people on the Camaro forum say their hardware will not properly interface with and reliably bypass some of the electronics in those cars. That was two years ago and their site still looks the same and doesn't mention any incompatibilities or even potential pitfalls. WTF
Old 01-23-2016, 09:10 PM

Default Speed Ventures

I took my car to the track last weekend. Speed Ventures @ Fontana. After getting my trailer (stored 2 hours away), prepping my car, my wife even made a crock pot with pulled pork bbq sandwiches, lugging everything to the track, paying extra $$ for a ride along instructor, I got out on the track and literally 1.5 laps into it my engine puked oil. What tipped me off was the huge smoke screen I made as I came around a corner- I felt like I was driving the car from Spy Hunter. I immediately pulled into the pits and oil was trailing/ dripping underneath. Oil was covered in the passenger side of the engine bay, cross member, steering linkage as well as underneath. Fortunately, I still had oil pressure. Today I took some time to look into it further, and have concluded the following:

- catch can assy wasn't set up right/ working effectively to relieve crankcase pressure
- oil blew out past the dipstick tube
- very high oil pressure coming from engine

my oil pressure when I'm on it was around 80psi and that's with thicker oil (Valvoline VR1 20w 50. it's what my engine builder said to use) Today I put some thinner oil in and my oil pressure goes even higher. it jumps up past 80 when accelerating moderately (estimating around 85). Also swapping the oil will help tell me if the oil I'm cleaning up is from last week (dirtier, darker color) or it'll be very clean oil if it's still spraying out today.

I replaced the o-ring on the dipstick tube and revised the catch can assy and it should be good. it's a closed system now (was open before). I'm also going to look into an electric vacuum pump for the engine- something I can switch on for track days and leave off for regular driving. I'm also going to call Melling- the manufacturer of my oil pump and see what they say. I did a bit of research and it turns out that the oil pump used in my engine can have the spring swapped out. Now it has the heavier spring in it and the lighter spring will reduce about 20 psi.

Attached is a pic of my car at the track. Fortunately, the folks who do photography there (Caliphotography) caught me on the first lap, or I'd have no pics at all, ha ha.

Hopefully my next track event will be more successful
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Bummer Brendon but at least it sounds like an easy fix for the most part. Good luck getting it back out there!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-22-2017, 11:50 PM

Default Hot Wheels of my car

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share this- the Hot Wheels 1:64 of my car is shipping and will be in stores soon, assuming I don't get there first to buy it, ha ha. It'll look like this
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I'll be looking for one! That!s so cool!!!
How have you been? I hope you've been enjoying the heck out of it!!

Last edited by waynieZ; 07-23-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:28 PM

Hey everyone,

Long time no updates, so it's about time I provide some. First, my Firebird:

1- Last year two more Hot Wheels versions of it were introduced- both in the premium retail line and in the ID line. While they look the same, they are entirely different castings/ tools made at different plants.

2- I did get a little track time in last fall as well, but definitely not enough.

3- Last fall it was at SEMA representing Borla Exhaust.

4- had a sweet photoshoot with Justin Keys of Keys Cars photography. Highly recommend him if you want your car photographed. He's here in Ca.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Tuske427 For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 09:42 PM

While all that was going on I also built another car. It's not a Lateral-G build, in fact it can barely turn at all, but it was fun. More about it here if interested:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...eels-designer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmqxb3wNCyg&t=9s
Attached Images

camcojb (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 10:04 PM

Last fall this '68 Firebird 400 came my way. It was the one I had looked at a few years prior (I had posted previously on this) and I was at the right place right time and I couldn't say no. I would have loved to have kept this one, especially with all the parts that came with it, but I also acquired this on the weekend that the first Pomona swap meet post covid was happening so I had it brought there with a high price on it and it was sold by 8am. The proceed paid for an engine rebuild I needed on my '55 so it all worked out. Except no new Firebird, ha ha
Attached Images

Last edited by Tuske427; 07-05-2022 at 10:58 PM.
camcojb (06-12-2022)