Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

My engines are built by TONY BORELLO --- 590 hp (110 octane) Old Edelbrock ported heads (not the latest tech) but they were ported by Mike Chapman (famous porter).

They have been 100% trouble free since I switched builders to Tony. Conversely I had the motor out three times using Tony Odo (the supposed top builder in the area). Trust me -- I run them HARD and track often compared to most here.... Just sayin'

Lisa - his wife - answers the phone.... she's a hoot.

(530) 333-4752
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig510 View Post
Oh snap. You blew up your motor? How bad. Rods sticking out of the block or just plumes of blue smoke?

Good luck with the rebuild or new mill.

I melted down a piston ring / popped head gaskets..It still runs just coolant in Oil. I've been fighting fuel / motor issues the last two track days it finally had its day.

I'm going to call Tony Borrello and Bob Wirth today.. problem is i'm now in the middle of everyone's busy season... IE: I've got 15 motors in front of you or 11 etc.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:42 PM

We've used RPM in Rohnert Park for a number of our builds. They're about a theee months turn around. Sometimes four. But they're VERY meticulous. Totally top notch.

Mike's talked with them about an LS3 based 427. It was 650hp and smog legal. If you're. It needed smog, they can obviously stuff a better cam in there and make some other tweaks for good reliable horsepower. They build a lot of road race engines for a couple programs, so they know how to make them last.

707 584 8230

Greg, I thought you had RPM do something? I saw you chatting up their main engine builder on Instagram. Maybe I jumped the gun.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
We've used RPM in Rohnert Park for a number of our builds. They're about a theee months turn around. Sometimes four. But they're VERY meticulous. Totally top notch.

Mike's talked with them about an LS3 based 427. It was 650hp and smog legal. If you're. It needed smog, they can obviously stuff a better cam in there and make some other tweaks for good reliable horsepower. They build a lot of road race engines for a couple programs, so they know how to make them last.

707 584 8230

Greg, I thought you had RPM do something? I saw you chatting up their main engine builder on Instagram. Maybe I jumped the gun.

Another VOTE for RPM --- and if I wasn't happy with BORELO I'd take the motor to RPM..... I've watched their work for 2 or 3 years now and have seen nothing but EXCEPTIONAL machine work.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 AM

For logic's sake, there's always the junkyard (my preference for replacement engines, partly due to a machine shop allergy). Sacto has some of the country's biggest recyclers, so on any given day, you could find a nice pullout LS3 with (or without) a TR6060, along with all of the stock goodies, and short of a little work on the harness and a computer re-set, you'd have a pretty nice (reliable and fast) setup. You could always re-cam later . . .

The need for a 700-horse engine is not unlike the "need" for a liter sportbike . . .