Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeefi View Post
The original question in this thread was Sniper vs Terminator, not country of origin. Not sure how this went in another direction.
The post ask about Sniper and FiTech, I think country of origin is an important buying decision.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."
Old 02-02-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwaupo View Post
What is the difference between the 2 systems besides the price? I'm hearing great about the Sniper and FITech EFI systems
Yet the thread title says "Holley Sniper vs Terminator", not Sniper vs FITech. That's another thread. I guess he thought better of following his original question.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Yet the thread title says "Holley Sniper vs Terminator", not Sniper vs FITech. That's another thread. I guess he thought better of following his original question.
Look dude, I have no idea why your trying to start something where nothing exist. I have no intentions of getting in a pissing contest with you. OP stated, "What is the difference between the 2 systems besides the price? I'm hearing great about the Sniper and FITech EFI systems".

I told him the difference between the two and then country of origin of the ones he's heard "great things about". Simple. Nothing more, move on.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM

Another EFI unit to check out is the Megasquirt MS3Pro Ultimate which just came out.

It is priced where the Holley HP unit is... however offers the features of what the Dominator can do. The Holley traction control system had awful integration and was tough to make work (I tried many different pickups and sensors and could never get a constant signal). Other than that... I do like the Holley HP/Dominator stuff.

Here is the MS3Pro Ultimate overview which has really caught my eye!
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...gement-system/

1993 Mazda FD RX-7, built LS7, T56 Magnum, Holley HP, Davis Tech TC, 8.8" 3.73 Cobra IRS diff, DSS axles, Ohlins coilovers, big brakes.
CCW 18x11 front 315/30/18's and 18x12.5 rear on 335/30/18 RA1's, 2850lbs
10.31@137mph 165mph Shift-Sector 1/2 mile speed
441ci AllPro headed motor and 200lb weigh reduction in the works....
Old 02-02-2017, 06:30 PM

I've got the Sniper set up...sitting in a box in the garage. I chose this over others for the ease of install and the idea of installing and not messing with it. I don't care to tweak and control all sorts of goodies that the Terminator allows you to do, I want to install and go..."set it and forget it".

As far as FiTech, no thanks. It seems to be getting a ton of press lately, I'm sure mostly to discounted or freebies being distributed to various outlets. For me the tech support and the made in USA outweighed the $200 savings.

Good luck
Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD Automotive View Post
Look dude, I have no idea why your trying to start something where nothing exist. I have no intentions of getting in a pissing contest with you. OP stated, "What is the difference between the 2 systems besides the price? I'm hearing great about the Sniper and FITech EFI systems".

I told him the difference between the two and then country of origin of the ones he's heard "great things about". Simple. Nothing more, move on.
I merely pointed out that his title doesn't match the text. He posted the Chinese vs American question in another thread. Christ.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
I'd get the Terminator.
If you ever want to use a carb again or go MPFI like posted above, the HP ECU is still vary useful.
I'm going with the MPFI as I have a Pro Flo already and found out I can get a retro kit for it 😎
Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I think making assumptions regarding the Sniper's country of origin is a mistake. There are multiple threads on the Chevelle forum regarding the Sniper system and I am pretty sure that Doug F. who is in charge of the whole EFI program, posted that the Sniper is not made in China. I don't have time to look for that thread now.

Holley does a ton of manufacturing in Bowling Green, KY and a lot of their EFI stuff is made in Canada.

The most notable difference between the Sniper and the Terminator TB systems is the ECU. Sniper is fully contained and the ECU is in the TB itself. The Terminator TB system uses the HP ECU, which has a 8 I/Os for various functions.

Andrew
Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
My mistake, I meant Sniper vs FItech, don't want to start a war
Old 03-16-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnx7 View Post
Another EFI unit to check out is the Megasquirt MS3Pro Ultimate which just came out.

It is priced where the Holley HP unit is... however offers the features of what the Dominator can do. The Holley traction control system had awful integration and was tough to make work (I tried many different pickups and sensors and could never get a constant signal). Other than that... I do like the Holley HP/Dominator stuff.

Here is the MS3Pro Ultimate overview which has really caught my eye!
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...gement-system/
I called Megasquirt and was told they have an update kit that would work with my ProFlo system, yey! Checked their customer relation ratings and it didn't look good. Their price was very good but I'm gun shy about getting something that I won't be happy with. I checked with the local Megasquirt dealer in my area and he recommended I go with an LS motor which would be the ultimate motor but now I'm getting into a lot more money and work, I just want a smooth running 69 Camaro.

I'm leaning to the Holley Terminater EFI as it looks fairly easy to install.