Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Next up was suppose to be a simple project. Swap out two bolts with a nice set of ARP stainless bolts.

Very important tip here use plenty and I mean plenty of Anti-seize. I can't stress this enough as I assure you these two bolts are never coming out of here.

It's always nice to have a furry friend helping Mike and I. It's true dogs do reduce stress just ask Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 03-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Mike & I started swapping out the RideTech hardware for ARP Hardware. Totally Stainless sells complete kits for pretty much ever suspension set up on the market. It's not cheap but it sure does look nice.

It's the perfect contrast for this car as I plan to let the paint continue to Patina. I have no interest in perfect paint as I want to be able to lean on the car just like I did when I was 16 leaning on my buddy Kens car.

Before

After

Instead of bolting the seats from top down I would much rather have studs coming up from the bottom. So off to sears for some grade 8. 5/16 x 1 1/4 bolts, washers and nuts.

I ran a tap up from the bottom to get some of the DEI Boom Mat and sound deadening out of the threads.

Nice clean look from the underside of the car.

It's a much cleaner look

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 03-06-2017, 10:32 PM

Found a few hours on Sunday to work on the 70. My goal was to get the tail light harness laid out and the harness bar on the Tiger Cage installed.

Once again don't forget the Anti-Seize.

Harness bar is in and since the rear seat is really just for show I did my best to lay the belts out neatly.

Okay this is what I call BS I need four of these 7/16 bolts. Guess what I have three.

Since I couldn't find the lap belt bolts either I decided to lay them out neatly do I could see what it would look like if I actually finished this project.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:34 PM

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,343 Posts

Dear Mr. McGuire,

We want to thank you for funding our extra long vacations last year.

Signed,

ARP

Skip
Old 03-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo mentis View Post
Dear Mr. McGuire,

We want to thank you for funding our extra long vacations last year.

Signed,

ARP
tell me about and I am not even done spending money on these freaking bolts !@!@!

Old 03-07-2017, 08:25 PM

I've found that McMaster 12 point stainless actually arrive as ARP. When I've needed a lower quantity this worked out well. McMaster doesn't state who the source is in most any case so there is some risk involved I guess.

Edit: doesn't look like they have the fine thread 6 pt though so no help... just have to pony up the ARP money ha. Nice fasteners no doubt but they add up for sure.

Last edited by BBC71Nova; 03-07-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:45 AM

Looking good Marty
Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC71Nova View Post
I've found that McMaster 12 point stainless actually arrive as ARP. When I've needed a lower quantity this worked out well. McMaster doesn't state who the source is in most any case so there is some risk involved I guess.

Edit: doesn't look like they have the fine thread 6 pt though so no help... just have to pony up the ARP money ha. Nice fasteners no doubt but they add up for sure.
Great tip on the McMaster Carr and the good news is I may actually be near the warehouse tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
Looking good Marty
Thank you

Old 03-08-2017, 11:43 PM

Moving back to the interior.

I have always disliked the OEM headliner and I have been waiting for TMI to release their bow style Suede headliner for 3 1/2 years and finally gave up.

I received a tip that Classic Auto Trim makes exactly what I was looking for. So I took a gamble and I can say I am very satisfied.

Aa much as I like the smooth headliner look it just doesn't fit the concept or the design of this car. So a quick trip to a local interior shop that happens to be 5 minutes from my house.

And here is the crazy part my daughter who just turned 16 took followed me to the interior shop on the way to school. It's just such a new concept.

Last edited by syborg tt; 01-23-2024 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 AM

Marty, this car just keeps getting better and better, love all the ARP hardware too.

Sandro