Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM

your killin it, nice work.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Still trucking along on the car, rear frame is welded in, front sub is on, getting everything mocked up so I can pull it all apart to get ready for body work.

I have a lot of welds to clean up and I'm sure plenty of welds to add to.

Waiting on some safety wire and other small parts to get in today so I can get the brakes on

I'll shut up now.....pics

Shop needs to be cleaned real bad after yesterday

Last edited by johnnymac46; 07-02-2015 at 06:43 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 07-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Default progress

Outer wheel wells are in, DSE tubs installed, started to fit the fenders today but ran out of time.

I'm going to have to phone a friend to help get that together I think.

looking at the car, i think the ride height needs to come down an inch or more both front and back.

Waiting on some more parts and some extra time to get more work done for now.

Some pics nothing special.

Last edited by johnnymac46; 07-06-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: formatting issue
Old 07-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Yes it needs to come down --- and YES -- keep up the nice work!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:29 AM

Yeah I def needs to come down, but looking good! I wish I could come over and help out but I'm crazy busy with work, and trying to get my car ready for back to back track weekends. UTCC first then magically turn it into a street car and go run USCA.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

A few posts ago John mentioned "Phoning a Friend"....well I am that friend. John's at work again and the car needed to be loaded into a trailer along with a few parts and head towards the West Coast where it is scheduled to have the body work completed and then be painted. I didn't have anything going on and Laurie was working, so I jumped on an airplane and flew out of Las Vegas at 7am on New Years Day. I spent that evening digging through boxes in Johns garage (which is smaller than it looks in pictures) and dug out the needed parts. The next morning I headed over to Johns shop and found what could have been a real problem. John had installed a pad lock on the door and there was no way to reach him and get the combo. Thankfully there's a custom motorcycle shop next door and when I told them I was stealing Johns car they where pretty quick to offer up their "lock picking skills".

With that out of the way, I had just enough time to pack a few parts into the car, wire the doors shut and secure the trunk before the truck arrived. I probably should have left all the tools in the car and added them to my collection once the car get's here. Yeah....I agreed to store it till the shop is ready for it. Not like my car is here at the moment. lol

Anyways....In it went and it should be here this weekend. Glad I was able to assist John while he's away for work and keep things progressing.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 01-04-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
A few posts ago John mentioned "Phoning a Friend"....well I am that friend. John's at work again and the car needed to be loaded into a trailer along with a few parts and head towards the West Coast where it is scheduled to have the body work completed and then be painted. I didn't have anything going on and Laurie was working, so I jumped on an airplane and flew out of Las Vegas at 7am on New Years Day. I spent that evening digging through boxes in Johns garage (which is smaller than it looks in pictures) and dug out the needed parts. The next morning I headed over to Johns shop and found what could have been a real problem. John had installed a pad lock on the door and there was no way to reach him and get the combo. Thankfully there's a custom motorcycle shop next door and when I told them I was stealing Johns car they where pretty quick to offer up their "lock picking skills".

With that out of the way, I had just enough time to pack a few parts into the car, wire the doors shut and secure the trunk before the truck arrived. I probably should have left all the tools in the car and added them to my collection once the car get's here. Yeah....I agreed to store it till the shop is ready for it. Not like my car is here at the moment. lol

Anyways....In it went and it should be here this weekend. Glad I was able to assist John while he's away for work and keep things progressing.
where is it going for paint?

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
where is it going for paint?
Same back yard mine is being painted in. Hopefully I can just swap them when Jim is finished with mine.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:15 AM

What! you didn't call me? I'm a mile down the street from Johns Shop, I would have been glad to assist or even do the whole job! WTH? what we have here is a serious lack of communication! glad you were able to get it all done, sorry I couldn't help. I haven't heard from John in a while, I assumed he was in places unknown.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser View Post
What! you didn't call me? I'm a mile down the street from Johns Shop, I would have been glad to assist or even do the whole job! WTH? what we have here is a serious lack of communication! glad you were able to get it all done, sorry I couldn't help. I haven't heard from John in a while, I assumed he was in places unknown.
Sorry man! It was a quick trip, but that's no excuse. I'll work on my communications and coordinate next time. You can help unload which is the delicate part once its painted. lol

I was able to check out the Military Aviation Museum while I was there. That place is pretty cool! They didn't have anything going on and the Fighter Factory was closed, but still a great tour. Laurie and I will be out later this year. We will all have to get together.